dynatorch

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

dynatorch

Post by quadboy »

I always thought water table was best way to go. Air table with a dyna torch is that better?
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: dynatorch

Post by CNCCAJUN »

It depends on what you need and a lot on where you live.

If you live up north and loss of heat in your shop makes the shop unusable down drafty will not work.
You will have make sure your water table doesn't freeze.
If you live in Louisiana it does not matter.

As to which is best, there is probably 10 days of reading on this forum alone that will support both water table & down draft.

Why I went with down draft.

In Louisiana the last thing I want in my shop is more moisture.

I have no desire to clean out sludge every few months.

I do not want to be constantly fighting arc outs & rust.

The down side to a down draft is quite simple, to do it without having to constantly cover unused portions of your table you will spend est. $2,000.00 on a backward inclined blower.

I have a GREENHECK 16-BISW-21-10-I-20, retails for $2,365.00. That is a 16" 2 HP unit. Pulls 2".

You can buy a blower from the plamaspider website for about a 1/5 of that and simply cover unused portions of your table.

Now the main reason I went with down draft, JIM COLT SAYS IT WORKS THE BEST !

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Metriccar »

Water tray or down draft (fan vacuum type) is a common debate on here. I've had both and prefer down draft simply for not having to deal with rust. They both seem effective for controlling dust.

I looked at a lot of machines and limited it to either Plasmacam or Dynatorch. I went with Plasmacam for unrelated reasons. My plan is to sell it in a few years and I thought reselling a Plasmacam would be easier than a Dynatorch, simply for the namebrand. There are some people out there that think all CNC plasma tables are referred to as "Plasmacam" sort of like a copier is a "Xerox." I have no complaints about the operation of the machine and the software is great, though the Dynatorch machines look like they are a much better machine, would hold tighter tolerances for longer with smooth operation. Torchmate is another popular name and possibly could hold resale value simply for their namebrand but I've heard from several people who owned/operated both and they said they get better cut quality out of a Plasmacam.

There are also a lot of people with Mach3 based machines and they are the ones constantly on here saying their machine is not working properly, trying to figure it out. No matter what machine you go with you will have a learning curve but they seem to have issues for years. Could just be this site and number of Mach3 vs. others, I don't know.
quadboy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by quadboy »

Thanks for all the input. I still don't know what way to go but I get to go check out a 4?8 super B, this weekend, I'm pumped up and will loose lots of sleep now. I find out I have to go with xl8 to be able to run the tube cutter. Dynatorch is doing up bid now.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”