motor locks up on rapid speed

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

motor locks up on rapid speed

Post by bogger44 »

I have a dyna cnc table, (lucky i got one with cand cnc electronics) 5x10' 200in/lb motors one on the y axis
It has been good but latley the y axis locks up when it rapids to the next cut it locks and loses steps and starts cutting in the wrong place.
i changes the velocity setting for the motor from 40 to about 20 now seems ok now why would that change? thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: motor locks up on rapid speed

Post by jimcolt »

Best bet is to go to CandCNC's support forum and post this question. They are at www.candcnc.net

I am guessing that you are exceeeding the torque capability of the stepper motors.....could be something in the movement of the machine binding up.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

bogger44 wrote:I have a dyna cnc table, (lucky i got one with cand cnc electronics) 5x10' 200in/lb motors one on the y axis
It has been good but latley the y axis locks up when it rapids to the next cut it locks and loses steps and starts cutting in the wrong place.
i changes the velocity setting for the motor from 40 to about 20 now seems ok now why would that change? thanks
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

it runs fine it's just when it goes from cutting speed to rapid it locks and looses steps it has been running the original settings from day one. but now i was wondering that the motors are getting old maybe that's the prob.
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

I was having the same issues with my table. I was told to turn down the acceleration and velocity a little bit and it seems to have worked so far. I am going to do a complete tear down soon and will be checking everything. I will then start to increase the velocity and acceleration to where it was before.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
B Holmes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by B Holmes »

It sounds like some mechanical binding. I have had this issue before as well. Stepper motors lose torque as rpm increases, therefore having less power to drive through a tight spot at rapid speeds as compared to cutting speeds. Hope this makes sense.
5 x 10 Air bladder water table
Precision plasma HDB gantry
CandCnC 620-4 Bladerunner
Feather touch ohmic plate sensing
Hypertherm Powermax 65
2015 Autocad lt
Sheetcam
Mach 3
Central California

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”