Problem with Cand cnc

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Problem with Cand cnc

Post by OTHill »

Hi I keep having a problem with mach 3 going out of reset.It always happens on a pierce.Any body out there with the blade runner package having the same problem? Can anybody tell me a quick way to restart? Or better yet how to fix the problem?Allan.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Problem with Cand cnc

Post by beefy »

Allan,

don't know if this will help you but in Mach, if you go to Config / General Config menu, there's a tick box "Debug This Run". I believe it creates a report of the run, then saves the results to a file in the Mach main folder "LastErrors.txt". I've never tried it myself but I wonder if it would report what is causing the reset.

I wonder if it's a noise issue especially as you say it happens on the pierce.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
suttoncnc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by suttoncnc »

Allan,
In the general config menu of Mach there is a debounce timer settings. By default it is set at 0 I think. Run it up to at least 500. You could be coming out of reset when the pierce happens and it generates a spike in the electrical system, changing your debounce timer could fix the issue. Hope that helps
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks to both of you!I will try that.Some of these things are wayyyyy over my head.But I think I can follow your instructions your instructions.Allan
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

One thing you want to look at is if the reset can be reset with out any other things what I mean is there a limit switch you must clear first. If you can just click on reset and it goes away it?s noise. Go to the general setting and change the de-bounce value to about 5000 each and this should help. If the reset cannot be cleared you can look at the diagnostic page to see what is causing the reset light.
Are you using a floating head switch to find the metal surface before each piece if not you may be to close to the metal when you start the piece and then when moving to the cut height you trip the limit for Z. If this is the case the Z limit light should be on.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”