Squiggly lines trying to smooth them.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
02RedWS6TA
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Squiggly lines trying to smooth them.

Post by 02RedWS6TA »

Hi,

I'm getting some squiggly lines in my cuts at certain times. Seems thickness of steel doesn't matter. It appears to be doing this when the torch is accelerating. I'm running a Precision Plasma gantry and CandCNC bladerunner software. I have acceleration set at 100 on my set up and knocked it down to 75 to see if it would help the issue but no change there. I'm still learning all of this so I thought I'd ask for help.

I'm not sure if the floating head is actually bouncing causing mach to go crazy or if mach is doing something I can tune to get shaper edges. I can see mach making changing to all axis as this happens but I'm not sure how to correct it. I was going to get some light weight springs to put under the bolts on the floating head to kind of keep tension down on it but figured I'd ask here first to see if there was anything in Mach you guys could recommend.

The drawings I'm using have straight sharp lines. I can cut just a straight line in all directions so it's not the table. It's very noticeable when cutting letters/numbers out.

Thanks
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Squiggly lines trying to smooth them.

Post by BrianMick »

This is usually caused by something loose...try tightening everything that may be sloppy and replace any bad bearings
Brian

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”