Hy t license

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Icancutit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hy t license

Post by Icancutit »

Hi, I am a new user, so all of this is new to me
I have a Precision plasma HDG 5x10 with Candcnc control running a hypertherm powermax 85 with a machine torch. I have their advanced connection kit and the machine shows up in the hub control, even says it's good to go. I get a fault in Mach.....Hy T license not found or cannot be opened. I put the license in the Mach program,don't have a clue what to try next. I tried asking on the Candcnc support forum, I must be doing something wrong, because I never even found my post. I have progressed to making a couple of test cuts, if I ever figure out how to get my torch height right, then I can make some parts. ....Thanks,
Ken
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hy t license

Post by jimcolt »

Your best bet is with contacting CandCNC.com directly. Go back to their user forum and try again...

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Icancutit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Icancutit »

Jim,Thanks for the reply. I did post that question a week ago and again yesterday. Their forum has a post with the same problem,trouble is the resolution was not posted.I have run the torch touch-off procedure, get .065 on the z dro. put that number in the "switch offset" in sheetcam .I haven't figured out what " ref distance" is. When I run the machine with the plasma cutter off, it goes out to the first pierce and stops. I used a feeler gauge, come up with .135". If I understand it right, that's pretty close to the .150" sheetcam has.Now when I turn the plasma cutter on, it cuts pretty clean but the numbers don't come anywhere near matching. preset voltage 117. when the torch averages out,torch volts are 80. I don't know if that's because i'm not setting the plasma cutter voltage, (I was under the impression the plasma cutter would do that) or if the com link between mach and the hypertherm is down.maybe because the torch is too high? Thanks for your help,I've read tons of your posts. by the way...I couldn't be happier with my PM85.
Regards,
Ken
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

If you state what CandCNC electronics and post processor you are using it will get you more replies.
Right now its like shooting ducks with a bag over your head. :lol:
Some of the things you are talking about are set in SheetCam and show up in the G-code.

S3137 (Preset Volts set to 137 Volts) for 1/4" mild steel

G00 Z0.027 (Switch Offset Lift)
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

CandCNC gives great support, I'm on there almost every day just to keep up with what's going on. I did a search on the user name Icancutit, and turned up nothing. I read thru all the posts in the last week, and still never found this problem. I'd have to say your posts are not making it to the forum. Are you sure you are hitting the submit button after typing in your post?

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Icancutit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Icancutit »

Well..don't know what happened,just tried to post a reply and I guess that message is out in the either with the two others I sent on CandCNC's forum.must be that damned ipad never have liked the ba$*&rd. I am Using a bladerunner dragon cut 620-4 ether-cut control.The package I ordered was (I think) called an advance connection kit. came with a hub,ohmic sensor and pwm. I haven't messed with the ohmic sensor yet as they advise you to get your test cuts made and get the DTHC working first. The post processor i'm using is the DTHC-HYT-TAP_SoftPierce+Marker-rev11D(Edited)...I used the DTHC off snippet in the operations window. I didn't have a 220817 shield but I did have a 220948. I used fine consumables and cut a scrap piece of 14 ga. CandCNC sends a test cut file in sheetcam (I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to use it) When I get this license thing sorted out I'll put some 1/4" on the table and use that for my test cuts (with the correct consumables).I did e-mail Tom at CandCNC and he is working on the problem.Thank you to everyone here for your help,all I know about this, I have read from the manual and here.Thanks again,I couldn't do it without your help....,
Ken
steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by steel 35 »

Still hanging on the License? That sucks they haven't posted, And answered your question for a week don't ask How I know!

The license goes in The hub Not Mach. Hope that helps or better yet I am too late.
Icancutit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Icancutit »

Hi,
Thanks much, I'll give that a try. I got back to working with the table this afternoon, I cut a few small pieces with the DTHC off. I can get pretty good cuts on 1/4". I think I will connect the ohmic sensor and see what happens.
Regards,
Ken
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

steel 35 wrote:Still hanging on the License? That sucks they haven't posted, And answered your question for a week don't ask How I know!

The license goes in The hub Not Mach. Hope that helps or better yet I am too late.
Neither one of those are correct

1. The Hyt license is to open up the RS485 communication to the Hypertherm. It is NOT involved in standard cutting as it just gives remote control of the things normally set by the knob: AMPS and PSI. You can and hundreds do cut with an 65 or 85 using just the CPC cable. It has nothing to do with the DTHC or the volts. If you volts are low then something is wrong with the jumper setting in the PWM module. Until you get the voltage readings close to the cut chart values with the DTHC in MANUAL mode and OFF then nothing is going to work right. Unless you are trying to use fine cut consumables the voltage will never drop to 80 volts. The voltage charts and the toolsets we supply for SheetCAm are for normal consumables. Never start out trying to do testing and setup with fine cut Never try learning on thin material (below 14 ga). The thinner the material the faster things happen (and can go wrong) and the more critical the settings and timing.

2. The HyT license goes into the MACH3 main folder. If you can see the Hypertherm int he Hub Admin DEVICES then the communication is fine, You may just need to open the ccc_main plugin find the Hypertherm there and ENABLE the option
Later version of the plugin have that automatic

3. The Hub Admin is used to see the connected devices (in this case the DTHCIV and the HYT-Connect Hypertherm connection.) do testing and update FIRMWARE.

4, If you have had the setup more than 90 days there are some important updates to do and firmware to update. See the Downloads off the website and the EtherCut Updater and the Firmware update

5. We have a phone that is answered by humans and techsupport people during normal office hours in CDT

6. We have direct e-mails that get answered even on Saturdays and Holidays

7. New members on the list are moderated for the first three posts. I get normal posts to the list directly to my e-mail but i have to remember to go up, login, and check the moderated posts. Sometimes other things take priority . If you don't get a response on the forum then e-mail me direct. It is 6:45 PM in Texas and i am still answering e-mails

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”