website design costs

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

website design costs

Post by radnurse68 »

Thinking of setting up a website and curious what those of you who have one are paying for yours. I realize there are multiple factors that could affect design costs/time. If you have your own site and don't mind sharing your set up costs and maintenance fees I would appreciate it. I can look at your sites and know what your getting for your money. Also if you designed your own site and aren't already computer wizards what design program did you use?

Thanks,
Steve
Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Creating Sparks Metal Worx
Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 12000 5X10
Linux, Sheetcam, Inkscape, Solid Edge
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

"Ridin around having a big time!"
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: website design costs

Post by gamble »

Interested as well. Currently I use godaddy and their online store for 30/mon easy to use but very limited. I don't like it.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

I use weebly.com

it uses its own pick and place tools for designing, you can do it or ask them to help. you don't need to know anything in the ways of html code or that stuff to use it, and all I pay is the amount for owning my own URL and if you want you can pay extra to get there free advertising off the bottom of the screen.

dfmmc.com

Let me know what you think in the comment box. ;)
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

I have made my own website http://www.oldschoolmetalcraft.com

I use a program called Serif webplus, you will need a bit of time to get into it all, but if you have the time it's well worth it.
I only pay £15/yr for web hosting (can recommend these people very highly https://www.tsohost.com) and a bit less for name registration.

Another way I have used is to use a online package like weebly, you can make a decent job using that as well.

There is a bit of work involved setting up keywords and getting listed on Google, but plenty of info out there.

Good luck.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Once your site is up and running, the costs are very minimal. Only continuous charges would be for the hosting charges and domain name fees. Hosting fees can be anywhere from 10/month to 30/month. Domain name fees are usually around 150ish for 5 years.

I have designed websites for quite a few years now. The cost really depends on just how much you want to do. Just a basic info-type site that talks about your company and displays your goods/services is fairly inexpensive an can be done in a matter of days. Cost for one of these type sites is usually around 300.00-1000.00 depending on just how much work needs to be done.

If you want a fully integrated e-commerce site that processes orders and accepts credit cards with categories and products, that takes a bit more time and is a lot more intense to build. Cost for this type of site usually runs 2K-10K depending on work, training, products etc...

Let me know if you have any questions and I can help you figure it out.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

GameLord, for the guys that want to do it themselves and have it be semi professional what would you recommend keeping it on the $200-$500 range?

Would something like http://www.cs-cart.com/ be good?

Or maybe i'll just pm you and tell you what type of business and that can narrow it down. It's not cnc related
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Shoot me a PM and we can talk. I use MIVA for my carts, the integration is awesome and they are fully PCI-DSS certified which will save you a lot of unnecessary fees that come with a lot of the other carts on the market.

It can also be very easy for a person to update products, process orders etc...

Cost is usually a bit more than what you are asking, but in the long run it is well worth it. I also use it for my own site for my wife's business.

http://www.awindofchange.com/
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
flimmy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by flimmy »

I use 3Dcart for my website. It's easy to use and cost less then $250 a yr for the e commerce site. I use PayPal for all Payments and can take credit cards at home or at shows using my phone. I set the whole site up in about a week with no experience at all. It's easy to add products , pic's , add to inventory etc.

www.trailbrightled.com
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

I use WIX and pay $30 a month. My 15 yr. old son made mine.
http://www.michiganinmetal.com
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Bananic
$30.00/Year ~ Includes the URL lease.

MS Frontpage generate the html.
(Gotta get back on that site,, it's woefully in need of completion). :oops:
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

here is my godaddy online tore

www.gamblegarage.net

I started working on my new site and used OSCommerce front end. It was free, but I guess add ons can cost a few bucks. Just got a basic hosting plan from godaddy for $7/month then a SSL for $70/year. So it breaks down about half per month compared to the godaddy online store

It's not done but this is what it looks like

www.gamblegarage.com
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

I just created my site so most of this stuff is still current in my head. I use Wordpress with the WooCommerce plugin, hosted on a mid-tier hosting service (much smaller company than Godaddy, Hostgator, dreamhost, etc.., but much better service and performance). I pay $12.00 a month for the hosting which is a high end package from them for a site, so you can get it cheaper per month. I bought about $50 worth of completely optional plugins and a theme. I use paypal for payments which helps a great deal with printing shipping labels and I can also use Paypal Here for card present transactions on my phone/tablet. If you have some web knowledge, it's easy to setup.

I like Wordpress and WooCommerce, because it's great for content in addition to the shopping cart. If you'd like to see the site, you can go to https://www.warpigpffroad.com. I don't have a CNC table yet, so you won't see anything of that nature. Just the jeep mods I've been making for sale. I'm planning to get the CNC table to expand the products I offer.
thissideup
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by thissideup »

michmetalman wrote:I use WIX and pay $30 a month. My 15 yr. old son made mine.
http://www.michiganinmetal.com
I use wix as well, Im curious as to how you like the online store, and how does the shipping calculator feature work? Your site is well done. Your boy did a fine Job.
radnurse68
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by radnurse68 »

My childrens annual school fundraiser was last week and I picked up an item on the silent auction for a $2000 voucher towards website design. Gave $300 for it. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Steve
Stephen W. Sparks RN,CRN
Creating Sparks Metal Worx
Arclight Dynamics Arc Pro 12000 5X10
Linux, Sheetcam, Inkscape, Solid Edge
Hypertherm 85
MIllermatic 175
AHP Alphatig 200X
Kool Koat 3.0 DPW

"Ridin around having a big time!"

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”