candcnc board keeps on having power fault

Arclight Hardware discussion forum.
superoverenginered
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

candcnc board keeps on having power fault

Post by superoverenginered »

Was curious if anyone else has this issue. Happens every now and again but in the damnest times. Be cutting along and the machine will stop instantly and say a external estop was requested. Look and power fault light has come on and turned the board off. I have talked with scott about this and he said it was dirty power or my power is up and down bad. I talked to the power company and they seem to think its fine. I have since got a tripp lite power conditioner and hooked it up. At the point of this doing this the conditioner says its just fine but still the machine stops. I am at my wits end about this. Anyone else have this problem Seems to always happen when its in a very long cut on a sign. Happened twice today on same sign. thank you
Why make one when you can make 2
5x10 Arclight Dynamics plasma table
powermax 65
Concrete Printer with dewalt router
Miller mig/tig
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: candcnc board keeps on having power fault

Post by hacnwac »

I am not an expert in table electronics and I have a different system but last year my tracker computer was acting funky for a while. I let it go to long and the hard drive crashed . It ended up I had to replace the power supply for the computer, relatively inexpensive and easy to do and has worked like a charm since. Just don't wait to long to try it or you may need to replace more.
Mark
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: candcnc board keeps on having power fault

Post by tcaudle »

It depends on if it is an Overload or over voltage (different flash rates) but if the DC to the motors does over 56 volts it will trip the overvoltage (or the smart panel THINKS it is)

Contact Scott at ARClight. It sounds like may the voltage sensing circuit is drifting and tripping prematurely. He should be able to swap our your front panel (where the "smarts" for the power supply live)

You can contact us directly and we can do a crossship but it may put you down for a few days. Scott takse care of his customers so he should be able to get you one out. The swap is painless. 4 screws and the whole sub b=panel drops off the front and there are a couple of ribbon cables to unplug.

TOM C

Return to “Arclight Dynamics”