Hypertherm 45 settings????

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Hypertherm 45 settings????

Post by MIFab »

Ok so I have upgraded to the 45 I have spent 1-1/2 days trying to fine tune it on my Plasmacam DHC V3.11 .

I have looked around to find settings and have tried to use it according to HT manual with unacceptable results!

If any one with a Hypertherm 45 is willing to share there numbers it would be awesome I cut 16g-1/4" mild steel stainless steel and aluminum .

amps
consumable type
cutting speed
corner acceleration
slower on circles under
Time spent Piercing holes
Height for rapid travel
Height for pierce
Cutting height and settings used for DHC
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm 45 settings????

Post by SeanP »

I have attached my current toolset I use with sheetcam, it might help they are in metric though.

It's taken me a while to fine the sweet spot for some of those thickness, you have to be spot on with height and speed to get a good cut, learning the difference between slow and fast speed dross helps.

Even when I think I have the perfect setup, next time I use those settings you sometimes have to tweak the torch volts to have the cut the cut height just right, that comes from a change in consumables normally.

I tend to keep a close eye on the z axis leadscrew as it comes off thc delay, as long as that's fairly close to the pierce you shouldn't see a rise or fall in the Z, providing your sheet is reasonably flat, that works well for me anyway.

You will see most tend to be less speed than recommended book speed, mostly to keep dross to minimum, not sure why mine and many others seem to be quite a bit off book speeds but it's needed.

60% slowdown on less than 30mm dia.
Attachments
Sheetcam toolset SP.zip
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I use the settings in the Hypertherm manuals as a starting point, always. Height needs to always bee at the Hypertherm spec....you can vary speed as different mnetal chemistry affects dross formation. Faster will minimize dross, slower will often square up the edge at the expense of dross.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
davek0974
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by davek0974 »

MIFab wrote:Ok so I have upgraded to the 45 I have spent 1-1/2 days trying to fine tune it on my Plasmacam DHC V3.11 .

I have looked around to find settings and have tried to use it according to HT manual with unacceptable results!

If any one with a Hypertherm 45 is willing to share there numbers it would be awesome I cut 16g-1/4" mild steel stainless steel and aluminum .

amps - 45
consumable type - standard/45A
cutting speed
corner acceleration
slower on circles under - 60% < 30mm
Time spent Piercing holes - as per book
Height for rapid travel - 15mm
Height for pierce - always as per book
Cutting height and settings used for DHC - cut height as per book
Answers in red.

My small table is knackered, I am building a bigger one now. I have to always run at lower speeds as the table can't handle much above 1800mm/min although i can get passable(just) results at up to 3000mm/min. I am hoping to get to book speeds on all materials the PM 45 can handle.

My THC is a CandCNC MP3000, settings are NoTHC for cuts less than 75mm, NoTHC for first 1sec of cut, Volts are off of spec due to my low speeds so no point in listing them, generally use 6mm perpendicular lead in, no lead out, 2mm overturn with torch off 2mm before end.

Dave

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”