restarting a cut,Mach and MP3000DTHC

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

restarting a cut,Mach and MP3000DTHC

Post by trucks1948 »

What is the correct way to restart a cut at a specific line of code in mach.I use a candcncDTHC mp3000 setup with mach and sheetcam.When i have a problem i would like to be able to start at the line of code where the torch stopped.Thanks Jim
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: restarting a cut,Mach and MP3000DTHC

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Jim, did you get this figured out yet? if so please let me know.
trucks1948

Post by trucks1948 »

Greg,no haven't got any answers on that one yet, fighting another problem at the moment.My torch fires the first pierce point and cuts the first part of the piece,then picks up moves to the next pierce point drops down touches and doesn't pull up enough to fire the next pierce,if i let it run to the next point some time it will fire that one.I am thinking my z axis isn't moving freely and that is messing up the clearance on my pierce points.Jim
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

I also run mach 3 sheetcam and candcnc mp3000

scrol through the code you'll see where you are by the toolpath following the code go to where you want to restart but a little back of that point then hit "run from here" the code will regen the toolpath to that point. I rezero my z raise 1" press start and a box will come up move to these paramiters hit ok the machine will start following the toolpath when it gets to where I want to start cutting then I manually fire the torch and the machine takes over from there.

This is finicky but an option dose'nt always run properly. Another I hit fedhold to stop the machine switch to the toolpath screen then hit reverse run and the the machine will run backwards hit feedhold when you get to your spot click off reverse run switch back to main program screen zero z or check to see it is where it should be. ( mine always seems to screw up) hit run then fire torch manally and machine takes over.

Or if you are cutting small parts look at the code to see where the next part starts then scrool to that line in the code hit run from here zero z then hit run it will go the the last part the last line of code where the machine finished the cut then run and it will go to the next part and touch off and start cutting.

play with
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by FiveORacing »

Sometimes it seems hard to find the actual spot in the code I need to be so here's what I do. I scroll to a spot a cut or two or three before the bad spot, and then hit start. As it repeats each of cuts that were good, I toggle "off" the torch manually just as it begins to fire, and then let it fire automatically on the cut I need. I then "stop" the program manually after the correction is made. If it is just a portion of a particular large cut to correct (say a "skip" in a line) , I do the same thing, then toggle the torch "off" at the beginning of the good sections, including the one that is a partial correction, and then fire it "on" and ""off" where it needs cutting. It takes a little bit of anticipation but I seem to have better success this way. I have a good view of the table from my PC, but I plan on hooking up an Xbox remote to make this even easier.
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

does your toolpath follow the part on your screen? set it up in mach top left config-toolpath - I have origin sphere, 3d compass, tool position, show tool in z bar toggled on the window top left.

As I scrol through the code (click on the code window it lights up then click the down arrow at the bottom) a white dot follows the toolpath so you know where the machine is cutting at that part of the code.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”