Anyone have one of the JD2 MAD tables?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
slodat
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Anyone have one of the JD2 MAD tables?

Post by slodat »

Curious to hear from someone who has one of these tables. How it's going, good, not so good, etc?
Last edited by slodat on Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Anyone have one of the JD2 MAD tables?

Post by larrycameron44 »

I only discovered them a couple days ago and like what I see. Waiting to hear some feedback as well, although at present they don't ship international.

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
Flyer5
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Flyer5 »

We have one a 5'x10' . I have nothing to compare to but it seems to work very well. Some issues I don't like are if something causes a fault you cannot just resume or jump back to that spot in the file. You have to scrap and start over or dry run to the point of failure and turn off dry run. We ordered a scribe and also a router attachment with it and those are still not ready. We ordered the machine early February. We were not told that those items would not be ready when delivered. It was 9 weeks instead of 6 or less. But the table itself is very well made. It has brush less servos as standard. As long as we get our router and plate marker and they work well I will be happy. We are in Berwick PA so if anyone is considering one they are more than welcome to see it. I am still very much a newbie so I am learning.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by larrycameron44 »

Flyer5 wrote:We have one a 5'x10' . I have nothing to compare to but it seems to work very well. Some issues I don't like are if something causes a fault you cannot just resume or jump back to that spot in the file. You have to scrap and start over or dry run to the point of failure and turn off dry run. We ordered a scribe and also a router attachment with it and those are still not ready. We ordered the machine early February. We were not told that those items would not be ready when delivered. It was 9 weeks instead of 6 or less. But the table itself is very well made. It has brush less servos as standard. As long as we get our router and plate marker and they work well I will be happy. We are in Berwick PA so if anyone is considering one they are more than welcome to see it. I am still very much a newbie so I am learning.
It takes a month or 2, to get the hang of things if you are new to CNC plasma cutting, but the tables look well built and blazing fast which is great for small gauge thickness. My Torchmate has a similar issue if we have a screw up halfway round a job (normally due to Me trying to stretch consumable life to the max) but you should be able to dry run easily enough back to the spot. Then I stick a piece of copper .5mm down over where I want to start in case I can't get close enough and hit run.
Works like a charm.
However if I just changed the consumables before failure this wouldn't be necessary.
Can you post some YouTube videos of the beast in action?

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
Flyer5
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Flyer5 »

larrycameron44 wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:We have one a 5'x10' . I have nothing to compare to but it seems to work very well. Some issues I don't like are if something causes a fault you cannot just resume or jump back to that spot in the file. You have to scrap and start over or dry run to the point of failure and turn off dry run. We ordered a scribe and also a router attachment with it and those are still not ready. We ordered the machine early February. We were not told that those items would not be ready when delivered. It was 9 weeks instead of 6 or less. But the table itself is very well made. It has brush less servos as standard. As long as we get our router and plate marker and they work well I will be happy. We are in Berwick PA so if anyone is considering one they are more than welcome to see it. I am still very much a newbie so I am learning.
It takes a month or 2, to get the hang of things if you are new to CNC plasma cutting, but the tables look well built and blazing fast which is great for small gauge thickness. My Torchmate has a similar issue if we have a screw up halfway round a job (normally due to Me trying to stretch consumable life to the max) but you should be able to dry run easily enough back to the spot. Then I stick a piece of copper .5mm down over where I want to start in case I can't get close enough and hit run.
Works like a charm.
However if I just changed the consumables before failure this wouldn't be necessary.
Can you post some YouTube videos of the beast in action?

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
Yes. Learning more everyday. There is a lot to absorb for sure. Overall I am happy with the purchase. Yes I willl getsome good video of it in action next week.
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Ryan »

I am also interested in the JD2 tables. How is the software?
Roman
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Roman »

So you can stop the cut, back up and restart the cut?
JDSquaredInc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by JDSquaredInc »

Roman wrote:So you can stop the cut, back up and restart the cut?
We are in the processes of adding to our control software (MAD GUI) a sophisticated method for program restart. This will be released in V3 that is currently being worked on. We don't have an exact timeline on this but it shouldn't be to long. The nice thing is everyone with our plasma tables will receive this update once it comes out. There will be more features being released with this update.
Ryan Miles - Sales & Marketing
JD Squared, Inc.
Phone: (423) 979-0309

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JDSquaredInc/
Defender Chassis
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Defender Chassis »

I just got a 5x10 table about two weeks ago and am pleased overall with its performance. It came with the V3 software and you can restart at any point in the program now. The exception to that is the marking attachment. I had my scribber incorrectly calibrated and it still worked but a rogue slat that was 1/8" higher than the others made my torch tip touch and stopped the program. The restart at point would not work because it did not reprobe for height. This is somewhat my fault for not having the scribber calibrated correctly. I was advised by JD2 that there is a fix in the works and/or it is already available in an update but the point is moot since my scribber is now correctly calibrated.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

I have a MAD 4X4 and love it. This thing is built solid and works like a hot damn. Customer support is excellant. This is my second table.
rcecarbldr
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by rcecarbldr »

I have a 4x8 that I got back in June and I love it. Any mistakes have been of my own doing so far. The table is rugged, fast and accurate as hell.
MetalheadLLC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MetalheadLLC »

rcecarbldr wrote:I have a 4x8 that I got back in June and I love it. Any mistakes have been of my own doing so far. The table is rugged, fast and accurate as hell.
I have had a 5x10 for about the same amount of time, and have had the same exact experience. Any mistake has been due to the learning curve of being new to the table. The only other issue has been that of the scribe mentioned previously, which is in fact fixed, but JD2 is waiting to release it when SheetCAM releases their update. In addition, if you call JD2, they can walk you through a very simple fix that will get the scribe up and running properly. Fred and Ryan are the best. If anything, that as been the most outstanding part about the table. The buying process and customer support are second to none, in ANY field. I have had more difficulty picking out the appropriate apple sauce for my kids than I had buying my table, or calling for help when I messed something up. 11/10 would buy again!

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”