Torch Sparking Issues

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
FandFVintage
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch Sparking Issues

Post by FandFVintage »

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a table from a friend for use in our iron furniture shop and everything has for the most part been fine, but am now facing this issue.

When I attempt a run, this is the series of events. Torch will drop down, yellow 'Sense' LED flashes for a split second as z touches down then lifts like normal, then the yellow 'Prox in' LED flashes for the split second that the torch attempt to fire, then e-stop comes on. The red EPO LED is not on nor does it flash during the entire process.

All motors are fine and everything in the gantry seems to be operating it should, I can trace the parts with torch off without any issue. I've attached my handheld and the plasma cutter itself works fine, but when running through CommandCNC, I continually get this error.

Everything appears to be online and fine, no errors, no flashing lights, etc. My diagnostics screen shows THC Enable in yellow, HytOnline and Hub Watchdog ON in green. I've tried with without DTHC on and off.

Where can limits be turned off? In the C&CNC program, under the manual menu, there is an Override Limits button, but it is greyed out and can not be clicked with estop on or off.

Thank you everyone! I greatly appreciate any responses
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch Sparking Issues

Post by tcaudle »

You have posted this on our Support Forum . You need to follow the suggestions there and provide the information requested. You have not even disclosed if its a older MACH system or more current CommandCNC . One thing is obvious: The torch firing is causing the ESTOP. Since it takes an INPUT signal to cause ESTOP and you get no faults on the control box it has to be from something like torch noise.

You have a MUCH better chance getting help and a solution on the Support Forum than on here.
weldguy

Re: Torch Sparking Issues

Post by weldguy »

As Tom mentioned it definitely sounds like an electrical noise issue. Often grounding rods are not required for air plasma however I have always found it important to have functioning grounds on your 110v power inputs to the electronics, a simple circuit testing tool you plug in to your outlet will tell you that. Also be sure that if you are using extension cords that the ground lug has not been removed from them. In addition to that be sure that the ground cable from your plasma cutter is securely connected at both the machine end as well as on the material that you are cutting.

Return to “CandCNC Forum”