cross crown known as a symbol

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

cross crown known as a symbol

Post by vancematsalla »

the cross passing through the crown symbolizes the reward in heaven coming after the trials in this life , this will make good tracing using logic trace and cut it out with the CO2 laser

https://stankern.vids.io/videos/449fd5b ... s-a-symbol
net5.jpg
net4.jpg
net4.jpg (78.91 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
net3.jpg
net3.jpg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
net2.jpg
net2.jpg (25.81 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
net1.jpg
net1.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: cross crown known as a symbol

Post by plasmanewbie »

Looks great Stan. So do you trace around the part to get the cut path, or do you trace onto paper first and put the paper on the logic board and trace around that?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Very nicely done Stan!
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:15 am Looks great Stan. So do you trace around the part to get the cut path, or do you trace onto paper first and put the paper on the logic board and trace around that?
If he started with the wood cutout in the first photo, then he could either place that onto the digitizing board and trace around it directly, or trace it onto paper and then attach the paper to the digitizing board and trace that. I have done it both ways with my digitizing setup.

David
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Thanks David. Do you like you're board? Would you recommend one?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:34 am Thanks David. Do you like you're board? Would you recommend one?
I have 3 of them, I do like them, and I would recommend one if it is something you could use. I also use Scanything (Les Newall's program) along with a digital camera/lamp attached to one of my cnc router tables for tracing parts, templates, etc. If you have a table that used Mach3, then the cost for the camera, lamp, cables, software is under $200. I paid around $3600 for my large Calcomp Digitizing board with Logictrace software about 5 years ago. The board is 44 x 60 inches. I also bought a used medium size board on Ebay, and bought a new 12 x 18 Calcomp for use in the office with smaller parts. I think I paid around $600 for that one.

If you do a search on this forum for Calcomp, Digitizer board, or Logictrace I think you will fine some posts I have made with photos and details.

David

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic. ... ng#p220129
Last edited by adbuch on Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

3 of them! Ok so you clearly find them useful because they are not cheap. Thanks for the info David.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

plasmanewbie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:45 am 3 of them! Ok so you clearly find them useful because they are not cheap. Thanks for the info David.
I don't use them all that much, but they are certainly handy to have on hand when the need arises.
Same for my Plasmacam table. I use it for very occasional hobby work. I guess you could say I've got a "hobby shop".

The machine that really gets used the most is my cnc lathe, followed by the conventional lathe and mill.
20171124_005427_resized_1.jpg
And my tig welder gets lots of use as well.
I manufacture and sell metal working tooling, tools, and machines and that endeavor helps to support the hobby part of the shop.

You can click on the links below my name to go to my website and Ebay store if you have any interest in seeing the sorts of items I make.

David
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

I have checked out your site in the past and have been impressed with the tools you make. That's a pretty sweet lathe David. All very impressive.
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

this was traced from a paper print
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

vancematsalla wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:40 am this was traced from a paper print
Stan - where are you sourcing your paper prints?

Thanks,
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

vancematsalla wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:40 am this was traced from a paper print
Stan - inquiring minds want to know - where are you sourcing your large paper drawings that you are using for your tracing demonstrations?
Thanks,
David
vancematsalla
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vancematsalla »

again all my prints come from a local print shop or some from my 24 inch canon ink jet

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”