Inkscape fonts

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Inkscape fonts

Post by acourtjester »

I found that the newer Inkscape was not using the fonts from the Windows folder. You can add all the fonts from there by going to preferences under system and find the folder for the their fonts. It is not in the Inkscape floder location. :Sad Then go to Windows font folder, under organize, click on select all, then copy. Move to the inkscale font folder and select paste. I will copy all Windows fonts to that folder and you can not use them in Inkscape. This is the same thing for new fonts you download, just copy and paste. :Like
fonts 1.JPG
fonts 2.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: Inkscape fonts

Post by adbuch »

Tom - thanks for that tip! I'm still using Inkscape 1.2, and am a little hesitant to switch over to 1.3 as members on the Inkscape forum have pointed out some differences and loss of tools that I really don't want to deal with right now. It seems like it wasn't all that long ago that I upgraded to 1.2.2.
Let us know how you like the newest version and if you see any issues or changes that we should be aware of. Thanks for your report about the fonts.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Well David I am not using the new version I am still at 1.2, so your ahead of me. :HaHa :HaHa
I would assume the font info is still the same, as in the past Inkscape did use the Windows font folder. I only noticed it when looking for changes in fonts to use on a project today. :Sad
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:21 pm Well David I am not using the new version I am still at 1.2, so your ahead of me. :HaHa :HaHa
I would assume the font info is still the same, as in the past Inkscape did use the Windows font folder. I only noticed it when looking for changes in fonts to use on a project today. :Sad
Tom - I'm also using 1.2 and any font I put into the Windows fonts folder automatically shows up in Inkscape the next time I open it. So apparently my Inkscape version 1.2.2 does use the Windows font folder. I'm not sure why yours should be any different.

David
Inkscape fonts 1.jpg
Inkscape fonts 2.jpg
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:44 pm I found that the newer Inkscape was not using the fonts from the Windows folder. You can add all the fonts from there by going to preferences under system and find the folder for the their fonts. It is not in the Inkscape floder location. :Sad Then go to Windows font folder, under organize, click on select all, then copy. Move to the inkscale font folder and select paste. I will copy all Windows fonts to that folder and you can not use them in Inkscape. This is the same thing for new fonts you download, just copy and paste. :Like
fonts 1.JPG
fonts 2.JPG
Can't you just change the setting for the folder to the windows font folder instead?
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I did not try to change the folder info in the preference, but no reason it would not work, it is just giving a location to look.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “Inkscape”