Hypertherm Sync cutting charts

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
tam325
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm Sync cutting charts

Post by tam325 »

I have been having horrible luck with the Sync 45 amp fine cut on my Hypertherm 65. They're now telling me to try the 45amp...I always used fine cut on my old plasma cutter. Are you using the cut charts that came with the cutter? I've heard they're not accurate. Any thoughts?
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm Sync cutting charts

Post by rdj357 »

Thew book settings work perfectly. Are you sure the machine is maintaining the correct height that is set? Definitely you should be using the SYNC cut charts from Hypertherm.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

When you say your having horrible luck, what problems are you having? Cut quality issues, error codes?
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

I use the sync fine cut and like them, I am not pro sync and am not a hypertherm sales rep, just an end user who has better luck with them than the old style. Other than that I use duramax for anything non sync. Use the finecut lowspeed cut charts and it will work well, .14 pierce and cut height
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

If your table can handle the acceleration and cut speed then there is no need to use the low speed charts. If not then absolutely right, use the low speed.
rick_b
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rick_b »

tam325 try using the 45 fine low-speed chart, that was the only way I could get the 45's to cut. Even with the low speed the cut is good but their cut life is atrocious
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I use both the Powermax units with Duramax torch as well as the SYNC torch. Each torch has its own set of cut charts. I find that sticking with the specs in the cut charts for each torch produces incredibly good, consistent cut quality. Keep in mind that this assumes your cnc machine and height control are up to the task as well! some machines have poor acceleration, some machines have height controls that are not as accurate as others. Height and speed are two of the most important parameters required in order to produce repeatable, consistent cuts as well as long consumable parts life.
rick_b
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rick_b »

Hi Jim,

I have followed you for a long time, from the old days on Pirate 4x4/ torchmate forums to your YouTube stuff. Over the years you have given me some very helpful/sound advice, so it will interesting to get your take on the SYNC and the “45 fine cuts”. As you will see on here I have had a lot of trouble with the new Hypertherm SYNC setup.
EintheTrees
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by EintheTrees »

I purchased the 65 sync and understand there are different tool settings for this over the older 45xp. Anyone know were to find these 65 sync toolset charts? I have not found them in my search yet. Thank you.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

They are in the owners manual. If you bought it used and didn't get one, you can download it from their website.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

They were probably included on a thumb drive. On the SYNC models, the cut charts are a separate file/publication than the actual owner manual so watch for that file while you are looking. I downloaded them from the document library at Hypertherm.com

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”