STV CNC Optimum software

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

STV CNC Optimum software

Post by Gogo »

Was going to delete but can't figure out how. They are now taking care of things
Last edited by Gogo on Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: STV CNC Optimum software

Post by tcaudle »

Unless its changed they use the MyPlasma Controls and their software. The support form Hungary is not all that great so they may be having trouble figuring it out. I don't know what the "Optimum " software is but the good news it has to be cheap of they would not offer it.

What drawing format are you getting gout of Optimum to feed to SheetCAM? The drawing should be what the drawing is and then SHeetCAM should generate the G-code and the machine should follow it . I don't know how you have the axis setuip and where you x0y0 point is but SheetCAM has to know where that is when it generates the G-code yo orient things right.

You are welcome to join my Suppiort Forum . We don't sell the MyPlasma stuf or use their software . But we do have years of experience with G-code and POST processors and getting stuff to cut .

we require you join to trap out the spammers . Its painless.

https://www.candcnc.com/supportforum/index.php
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

Edited to delete, not fair to supplier, they are making a good effort.
Last edited by Gogo on Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Sounds like a bug in the software to me if you do a rotate or reset and your previous settings are replaced. Likely not much you can do until they get it resolved.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

Update, it's running very well now. they did an update to the software and have a complete manual now so I was able to tune it and very happy with the results now. It was a bumpy road at the start but over all I am now very satisfied with the machine.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Great to hear. Thanks for posting back.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

I gotta update this again, I can't recommend this product right now. They are super secretive on firmware versions and posts for sheetcam, can't get straight answers out of them on what code it ignores from Sheetcam. others have clearly different screens shots than mine, yet they claim there are no updates. Also they do not post any of their firmware for download to update every anywhere, you have to guess and make a stink to get it. They don't have a good on line support group that knows about the Optimum software and they refuse to have any transparency as to what goes on with code. I have been waiting for documentation from them regarding their sheetcam post for 9 months.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

In this market you cannot beat CommandCNC from CandCNC and Flashcut OS. They both have been through the test of time and firmware.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Infortunatley his hardware limits him to the software he is running or some variation thereof.
There is a moderately priced drop-in hardware solution with CommandCNC.
https://www.candcnc.com/store-home/hs-s ... ontroller/

Comes WITH quad processor Mini PC and software and full POSTS for SheetCAM (downloadable from our SUPPORT/DOWNLLOADS section of the website.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

Update: Dramatic improvements have been made, it seems that as more users came on line that they may have started listening. They have created an optimum only user group that now has at least some tech tips and technical information beyond basics. The latest software for the machine addresses some height control issues I was having and the staff there also seems to know a lot more about the product. There was also a default setting in there pretty deep that changed that I think was more important than anyone but one or two people knew about. There is way less jitter during THC and cuts are dramatically improved in thinner stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed but it seems as if they may be finally getting their shit together on this one.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That's great news, hopefully some other STV owners se this and can make the same improvements :Like :Like

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”