PlasmaCam question

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Jeepn2
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

PlasmaCam question

Post by Jeepn2 »

Will a standard no option 4x4 table control torch height, DHC? I found one locally that is supposedly new and unused but little is known about it. No optional software was purchased. Price seems reasonable but software upgrades are out of my budget at this time, it does have the 3 original discs provided, sample art, video manual, and Design Edge. Thanks for any heads up. JC
Precision Plasma Patriot 4X8, water table, Price THC, UC 400ETH, Floating head
Hypertherm 45XP - Machine torch
UCCNC, Sheetcam, Inkscape/Corel X5
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCam question

Post by Joe Jones »

Jeepn2 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:55 pm Will a standard no option 4x4 table control torch height, DHC? I found one locally that is supposedly new and unused but little is known about it. No optional software was purchased. Price seems reasonable but software upgrades are out of my budget at this time, it does have the 3 original discs provided, sample art, video manual, and Design Edge. Thanks for any heads up. JC
Is the table model a DHC or a DHC2?

Contact PlasmaCam. You will need to transfer the table into your name before they will do anything for you. I hope that no money is OWEd on the table you bought for a low price. If there is money owed, PlasmaCam will expect YOU to pay it. You will also need to upgrade your DesignEdge license to the latest version (Currently 4.57)

Once the table is formally registered into your name, they will tell you what software was originally purchased with the table, and you will be able to activate ANY upgrades that the original owner purchased. Additional SEATS and not transferrable to the second owner. You will also be able to buy parts and accessories, and get tech support from PlasmaCam.

If your DesignEdge software has BASIC height control, then yes, you can do some things manually. If it has NO height control, well ... :Sad

I always advise people to bite the bullet and buy the "BIG THREE" upgrades, Advanced Design Software, Advanced Height Control and Advanced Machine Control.

Where are you located?

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Jeepn2

Post by Jeepn2 »

Thanks Joe, have a little more info on the table, it is a DHC2, I don't really know the difference in the two, they (sellers) have contacted PC and are emailing a one page transfer of ownership, PC also said that there are 3 free updates that can be downloaded. I will probably contact PC tomorrow to get a little more info from them. I'm located in southeast OK.
Jeepn2

Post by Jeepn2 »

Joe I just received a packet from PC and it looks like the 4x4 DHC2 with standard DE software is $9980.00
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Jeepn2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:38 pm Joe I just received a packet from PC and it looks like the 4x4 DHC2 with standard DE software is $9980.00
Hmmm... 20K for two tables ... :shock: I will continue to search for USED machines

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Jeepn2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm Thanks Joe, have a little more info on the table, it is a DHC2, I don't really know the difference in the two, they (sellers) have contacted PC and are emailing a one page transfer of ownership, PC also said that there are 3 free updates that can be downloaded. I will probably contact PC tomorrow to get a little more info from them. I'm located in southeast OK.
Watch my video on YouTube - DesignEdge what do the levels get you? before you talk to them so you’ll know about the info you’re getting. My cell is 918-457-0289 if I can be of any help in your research.

I’m in Tahlequah, east of Tulsa (workshop home) and make regular trips down to Wilburton to visit family.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Jeepn2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm Thanks Joe, have a little more info on the table, it is a DHC2, I don't really know the difference in the two, they (sellers) have contacted PC and are emailing a one page transfer of ownership, PC also said that there are 3 free updates that can be downloaded. I will probably contact PC tomorrow to get a little more info from them. I'm located in southeast OK.
The updates on that table license are whatever the original owner purchased. I do not think you can CHOOSE from among all available updates, but I could be wrong. The three updates are most likely "The Big Three" which are Advanced Design Upgrade, Advanced Height Control and Advanced Machine Control

I am interested to know what you got for your money!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Jeepn2

Post by Jeepn2 »

Sorry guys, been busy and haven't gotten the chance to call PC yet, thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out. On the same subject or almost. It looks like I can get a Langmuir Crossfire XR 4x8 with torch height control, water table and PC for almost the cash as the PlasmaCam. In your opinions which is the better table for art work an light fabrication?
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Jeepn2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:40 am In your opinions which is the better table for art work an light fabrication?
Speaking only for myself, one plasma table is like any other. They all move a torch through the X,Y and Z axis to cut shapes. The torch itself does not change its cut depending on which table it is mounted. The software that runs most tables gives you an "eye candy" display screen, with lots of colorful widgets, and dancing lines of G-Code that mean nothing while the table is cutting. Yes, I suppose you can stop a program, and enter some single line of G-Code to make a change at one particular point or another, but you have to ask yourself ... "WHY did I buy a cnc plasma table? Was it to cut out metal designs, or to make me a PROGRAMMER?"

So it all comes down to the DESIGN software. If you are going to import ready made designs in DXF format from the myriad of art file libraries out there, then it really doesn't matter which table your buy. Get the file of the two wolf heads, or the bear under the pine tree, or the eagle flying with a bass in its claws ... YAWN! Cut the same thing as EVERYONE ELSE.

However, if you are going to DESIGN art files, and you are going to create ORIGINAL ART FILES that no one else has, I can confidently state that PlasmaCam's DesignEdge software is far more capable of creating 2D vector files than anything else out there.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”