Cutmaster 42 cut chart

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
isaac338
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cutmaster 42 cut chart

Post by isaac338 »

Hi guys,

I've done some searching and I've seen other people with a similar problem - I can't seem to find a cut chart for the Cutmaster 42 with the SL40 torch anywhere. Obviously Thermal Arc hasn't published one, but I'm wondering if anyone who runs one of these units has compiled some data?

I'm setting up a used Chinese table and I picked up a used C42 to power it. Not very experienced with plasma so I'm trying to reduce variables. I've been using an interpolation of the Hypertherm 45 and Cutmaster A40 tables to get sort of close, but some tried and true data would be nice.

Thanks all!

Isaac
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cutmaster 42 cut chart

Post by weldguy »

Your A40 charts should be a solid baseline, that's really all cut charts are in my opinion, you always want to tweak the settings from there for best results in your shop with your equipment. Not sure if these are the same as what you have but charts can be found here https://www.plasmaspider.com/download/c ... Charts.pdf As for the torch the A40, A60, A100 torches would all use the same settings for a 40 amp nozzle so these charts should be ideal as your baseline. I have always had good luck with the Thermal Dynamics stuff back in day. How are your cuts looking?
isaac338
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by isaac338 »

The A40 charts were what I was starting with. So far the cuts have been not so good, lots of uneven bevel, but my consumables were pretty rough. I bought all new consumables and ruined a new nozzle right off the hop - discovered my slats were so bent and clapped out that it was dragging the tip in places (no THC yet).

I installed new slats last night and set them up to have a curve instead of straight across, so hopefully this evening I'll be able to do another test cut.

Thanks for the reply!
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Ah Ok, Yes, new consumables and very clean dry will be very important to good cut quality and consumable life. No THC is bummer but many of us have been there. The great thing about the TD cutters in a situation like yours is they call for a much higher cutting height than the Hypertherm so you have more room for error between the torch and the material which is nice with no THC. Def want to get your cut deck as flat as possible and if your cutting thin material weight it down to keep it from warping up and try to maintain that .140" cut height they call for. Also holding the material down by hand or with a broomstick or something helps when it wants to pop up. Hope you find better success with your next cuts, let us know.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”