MYPLASM THC,OHMIC SENS, AND MAT SENSING HELP?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
MDGCompany
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

MYPLASM THC,OHMIC SENS, AND MAT SENSING HELP?

Post by MDGCompany »

I know that Myplasm can use both Ohmic and the break away function to locate material and that Ohmic and the Voltage THC can be active simultaneously. I am sure that this will require a macro in order to set the Z axis to zero once the material has been detected.
does anyone have any knowledge of how that this is accomplished or have any experience with this?
I am hoping that I will be able to get everything set up and running in the next couple of weeks. My final brackets that I need to mount the new motors will arrive this coming week. After this we will get the motors mounted and get the drives setup.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: MYPLASM THC,OHMIC SENS, AND MAT SENSING HELP?

Post by acourtjester »

Slight correction it is the Ohmic sensor and the Float switch that can be used to detect the metal surface. I don't use MyPlasm but it should be similar to many other controllers/software. Most that I have used have a input called Probe and that is hooked to the Ohmic contact on the torch. Or another input could be the Z home signal from the floating switch. Either are activated by a command in the G-code (G31 for Probe, and G28 for Z home) this is part of the Post Processer action. You would select which type (called out in the post processor)you are wanting to use, it then places the correct command in the G-code automatically at the start of each cutting operation. When using the Floating switch you will need to know the distance of the switches backlash to plug into the Post Processor. something like this
N0110 G00 Z1.0000
N0120 X1.7268 Y1.7211
N0130 Z0.1500
N0140 G90F30
N0150 G28.1 Z0.50
N0160 G92 Z0
N0170 G0 z0.25
N0180 Z0.1500
N0190 M03
N0200 G04 P0.6
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by East German »

Hallo
The program doesn't require any additional things, just turn it on and get started!

MFG Peter
MyPlasm.jpg
The hardware must of course be connected.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
MDGCompany
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MDGCompany »

Thank you both. I have been reading the manual for the Myplasm and did locate this section that you are referring to. So I will be trying this out as well.
I have made a clamp for my torch that should enable me to use the OHMIC sensing and will be getting it wired in.
With any luck I will be up and running next week. I hope to get some pictures uploaded as well.
Thank you for the input.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”