Has anyone had any experience with GoTorch

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Foster1447
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Has anyone had any experience with GoTorch

Post by Foster1447 »

I am going to invest in a CNC cutter and I came across GoTorch.com. I am just going to start out of the garage making small parts and signs/artwork, so I dont have a bunch of room for a large setup yet. I was thinking of going with a Torchmate 2x2, but this GoTorch seems nice. Has anyone dealt with these cutters yet?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Has anyone had any experience with GoTorch

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

obviously that's a 2x2 plasmacam, I didn't even know they had one....
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

Going by their website looks like your right Gary, looks like they are offering an entry level version at a very good price for internet purchase only, but as they state this is a basic system which comes with no height control and basic software and offers only a comprehensive manual as back up support. You will be able to upgrade to a larger size, add height control and better software being design edge through the user community but unfortunately you cant see any of that info without having a serial number from an already purchased system to gain entry to that user community.
Foster1447
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Foster1447 »

From what I have been reading in the forums here, it sounds like I should just upgrade from the start with the auto height control. ?????
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I would recommend the full function height control....the PlasmaCam height control is one of the best on any entry level plasma tables.

The Go Torch is clearly a PlasmaCam built machine...minus a few frills. It clearly is designed to offer the PlasmaCam performance and support....but at a low price to compete with other companies offerings.

If it works as well as the regular PlasmaCams....it is a great deal. Remeber...it needs a good plasma torch!

Jim Colt
Foster1447
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Foster1447 »

Thanks Jim. I am planning on using a Hypertherm 45.
Vern2
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Vern2 »

I just bought one. Be on my door step in two days, 9/12/12.

Down draft planned, here.http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=35134. Videos and material.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”