And now; France.

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

And now; France.

Post by AnotherDano »

At our first farmers market yesterday, a local lady bought a wall hanger. Nothing unusual, there. Then she introduced one of the teenagers with her as an exchange student who was heading home to France the next day.
She's a lovely young lady who said that living in Americas' "wild west" for the school year was really a fantastic experience and she would miss the wide open spaces.

I couldn't help myself.
One of my stock items is a 12x14 sign with "I <heart> Wyoming", powder coated in a brown/gold color. I pulled one out and handed it to her. She loved it but said that she didn't bring any money with her. When I told her to consider it a gift from the people of Wyoming, she teared up.

It's going to France and I don't expect any international business to be generated from it, but the 'mom' is a local and a first-time customer. I have a feeling that I'll be seeing more of her and maybe some of her friends in the future. Even if I don't, we have a young lady who will have one more memento of her time here in the USA and good things to say about the American people.

And now, I have pieces in England (London),Scotland, Canada and France. I'm officially International!
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
M & N Steel CNC
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: And now; France.

Post by M & N Steel CNC »

These are the feel good things that usually end up paying for themself in the long run.

Nice Job!!! :D
PlasmaRoute CNC 4 x 4
Corel Draw X5
SheetCam

Baileigh 12 gauge 40 inch box brake
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

Nice!
planetxfred
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by planetxfred »

Good for you Dano,
Your return on investment for this item is not in direct dollars, but in good will and in the satisfaction of knowing that you made a good impression on someone from your local area and someone from another country.
Nice going.
Fred
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

Good on you Dano! We drove through Wyoming and Laramie a couple of weeks ago on a family emergency trip to Texas. The wind gage (logging chain on a post) was standing out at 90 degrees so conditions were normal (grin).
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

plain ol Bill wrote:Good on you Dano! We drove through Wyoming and Laramie a couple of weeks ago on a family emergency trip to Texas. The wind gage (logging chain on a post) was standing out at 90 degrees so conditions were normal (grin).
I sure wish you'd have had time for a short stop, Bill.

Keep me in mind next time. I understand about the family thing as it's usually unexpected and untimely. I'm looking at the cheapest way to get to Hazard, KY for my mothers' memorial. She passed away just a week after Mothers Day. There are a whole string of cutters and powder cutters between here and there that I'd like to drop in on,,, but just no time to make it happen.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

My Mom had fallen and broken her hip badly Dan and placed into hospice. So I was cranked up and running hard to get there and say my goodbyes. She slipped away peacefully a couple of days after we got there. Would have loved to have the time to visit but we blew through there at a rapid rate. Maybe one of these days ---------
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
shalfpap
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member