Trying to take it up a notch!

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Trying to take it up a notch!

Post by Oldsarge »

Trying a new approach.... I'm trying to get my work accepted into a local art coop/gallery.... I have some pretty nice flat wall hangings, but wanted to do something special for the review process. I've been having a hard time lately with sales, but it's mostly my fault because I've been so busy with the day gig that I haven't had the time to promote myself and as most of you know if you aren't constantly putting yourself out there and promoting you quickly drop off people's radar....

I have some pretty big plans to promote the shop, and I'm trying to move into a bigger shop which is actually cheaper and nicer than the shop I'm in now... So this piece is a first step to doing a bit higher end pieces! Feedback is appreciated, I'm always trying to improve the work and learn more... Hard to believe I've only been doing this for under year so far!

Oldsarge
Bass Jumping.jpg
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
conz35
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Trying to take it up a notch!

Post by conz35 »

That looks amazing sarge. How did you attach it to the wood base? One of these days I gotta get out your way and check out your oven.
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

That looks great.That has to be one of the best 3d images I've seen.
Jim
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a lot of time went into it, will selling price be able to recoupe? Looks like all steel was used and pantene colors?

Very nice DXF of a leaping bass.. I have draw a few but can never get the bend in the back and tail to look real.. Did you draw the dxf or purchase?
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

Love it...amazing!
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

VERY NICE!!!
GoingCustom
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by GoingCustom »

Hopefully you are able to recover your cost of making it! Can definitely tell some thought went in to this one! Great work and let us know how it does!
Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
akpilot
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by akpilot »

Very Nice!!!!!
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by steelfx »

Sarge,

I think you can quit your day job anytime! That's one of the nicest pieces of mixed media that I've ever seen!
2k+, easily!

Way to go!

Bill

:D
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

All I can say is WOW!
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Oldsarge wrote:Trying a new approach.... I'm trying to get my work accepted into a local art coop/gallery.... I have some pretty nice flat wall hangings, but wanted to do something special for the review process. I've been having a hard time lately with sales, but it's mostly my fault because I've been so busy with the day gig that I haven't had the time to promote myself and as most of you know if you aren't constantly putting yourself out there and promoting you quickly drop off people's radar....

I have some pretty big plans to promote the shop, and I'm trying to move into a bigger shop which is actually cheaper and nicer than the shop I'm in now... So this piece is a first step to doing a bit higher end pieces! Feedback is appreciated, I'm always trying to improve the work and learn more... Hard to believe I've only been doing this for under year so far!

Oldsarge
Bass Jumping.jpg
SO, WHEN AND WHERE ARE YOUR UPCOMING CLASSES HELD?

STEVE :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Oldsarge,

that looks fantastic and I hope you get the business & profit you deserve.

One point I'd make though is check out where you stand regarding injury (or death) liability with a design like that. Lots of pointy steel spikes pointing upwards. If you sold that and someone fell on it, etc, who ends up getting locked up.

Of course the purchaser should take on that responsibility but you know how people pass the blame wherever possible. Also seems that the manufacturer is often responsible to design something to protect complete idiots from themselves. Not fair but often the way it is.

I talked to a council lady about making patterns for the kids outdoor playgrounds. The first things she mentioned was kids fingers being slashed or amputated by "pinch points" such as V shaped cutouts.

Seems we make very dangerous goods in this artistic cutting game.

Just a thought.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
plain ol Bill

Post by plain ol Bill »

I visited w/ Mike and saw this piece up close folks. It is simply stunning - hard to believe how far he has come in a little over a year. The colors are fantastic and when put in daylight this piece is fantastic - well done Mike.
Now for a question - is the shop you are looking at in the same area you are in now?
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

plain ol Bill wrote:I visited w/ Mike and saw this piece up close folks. It is simply stunning - hard to believe how far he has come in a little over a year. The colors are fantastic and when put in daylight this piece is fantastic - well done Mike.
Now for a question - is the shop you are looking at in the same area you are in now?
No, I found a place over on Rich Rd. The place is owned by an old Korean /Vietnam vet name of Don Ice... Retired from the Army back in the 70s...Big Red One alumni like me, we hit it off instantly! 2000 Sq ft with 3phase power installed and air lines already plumbed! Cheaper than what I'm paying now, and It's month to month.... Now to see if I can get out of my lease a few months early!
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
art&fire
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by art&fire »

Nice piece of work. Very impressive.
It's amazing what one year of dedication
and hard work can do.
TorchMate 2x4
Powermax 65
Torchmate CAD
AutoCad LT
Photo Shop
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Nice piece Oldsarge you defiantly took it up a notch, keep up the great work. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
hdfaster

Post by hdfaster »

That is truly a work of art. Very nice Sarge.
MetalheadRK
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by MetalheadRK »

Man that is amazing! I've been doing this for right at a year and can say I'm behind.... :lol:

Congrats on the piece and keep those new ideas rollin' - great job!

Kemarie
4x4 PlasmaCam
Hypertherm 45
Eastwood 175 MIG welder

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”