Thinking of doing a Craft show

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
1hated
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thinking of doing a Craft show

Post by 1hated »

I just got my plasma table up and running. I was thinking about getting a booth at a craft show but I am not sure what I should take to the show. What is your guys best sellers at craft shows? Also these shows a good place to sell stuff? The show I was thinking about is 350 bucks for a 10x10 and the show is 3 days. They said that there was 40k people through the doors last year. Is this to much to pay for space? Thanks guys
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thinking of doing a Craft show

Post by tnbndr »

First off, Good Luck with your new venture.
I don't have a table yet or cut for craft shows but what I have read and determined is that you want to focus on making products that will appeal to women. They are the buyers and usually attend "craft" shows/fairs.
Use the "search" feature above and put in "craft" as a search word and read through the forums. This has been discussed a lot here in the past.
Try this one.
http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... raft#p2464
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
d bushey
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Thinking of doing a Craft show

Post by d bushey »

I to do quite a few shows myself and you definitely need to appeal to the women like it or not they control the money. Also keep the majority of your pieces around the $50.00 range people need to be able to buy them. One of the best things I did for myself was to be able to take credit cards. Square is cheap and the funds are deposited right into your account.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”