Diggins?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Diggins?

Post by OTHill »

What do you all do with the diggins from the bottom of your water tables.Sell em at the health food store???
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Diggins?

Post by jimcolt »

Put them in 5 gallon plastic pails and take them to the metal recycler.....they pay the same as for my scrap steel.

Jim Colt

OTHill wrote:What do you all do with the diggins from the bottom of your water tables.Sell em at the health food store???
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

I don't have water table but I do same with my scrap including the metal dust and slag under the table. If a magnet will pick it up, it goes. I usually get between $200 - $300 per load each time I sell scrap.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Stout »

jimcolt wrote:Put them in 5 gallon plastic pails and take them to the metal recycler.....they pay the same as for my scrap steel.

Jim Colt
This. Unfortunately, each bucket weighs over 150lbs and I don't fill them to the top. Watch your feet. I broken several buckets over the years.

5 gallons is 1155 cubic inches. Each cubic inch of mild steel weighs .28 pounds.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I use a downdraft table, no wet sludge, buckets are closer to 80 lbs as there is some air in the bucket as well. They are close to breaking though...so be careful!

Jim
Stout wrote:
jimcolt wrote:Put them in 5 gallon plastic pails and take them to the metal recycler.....they pay the same as for my scrap steel.

Jim Colt
This. Unfortunately, each bucket weighs over 150lbs and I don't fill them to the top. Watch your feet. I broken several buckets over the years.

5 gallons is 1155 cubic inches. Each cubic inch of mild steel weighs .28 pounds.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks all.Allan
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

my business is also a metal recycler so I just put it in big dump bins and haul it across the yard. :lol: But they dont pay me anything for it :cry: other than hourly :lol:
Brian
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

I think the recyclers here would laugh if I showed up with some pails of metal cuttings.I'm just going to start mixing it in with the rest of my scrap and get rid of it that way.
Stout

Post by Stout »

The recyclers have questioned the buckets of steel dust, but when they lift them with the unloading magnet, they understand it's ferrous and pay me. At $8.50 a hundred, I can get some lunch for me and my boys.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”