Help with Truck bumper

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
GWS.Arkansas
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Help with Truck bumper

Post by GWS.Arkansas »

Hey everyone I have just purchased my dream truck. Now I am wanting to build some bada$$ bumpers for it. DDDoes anyone have any suggestions or files they are willing to part with. I don't mind purchasing the files if you are not wanting to post them on here. I have saw some of the other bumpers some has made on here and would love to make some for my truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone on this site. Even if no one is able to help. I for one am very greatful to be a part of this amazing site. Thanks :D

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Help with Truck bumper

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Just did one of these tonight on a truck and one yesterday's on a truck..chevys but just to help you with ideas. Not sure if you have a tube bender..
IMAG3003.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

If it is truly your dream truck, you will get more satisfaction out of doing this yourself. I know it works for me...
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
GWS.Arkansas
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by GWS.Arkansas »

Thanks Hammer. That's kinda what I am lookin for..... Ideas. I don't have a tube bender but I can get a place in town to bend it for me. Although I may get more satisfaction bending it around an anvil myself. lol. All jokes aside thanks hammer for the pic. You do some really good work. If you know where I can find more custom made bumpers Please let me know. Thinking about taking a little bit here and there and makin my own version.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

check out pirate4x4 forum. a lot of guys over there bought plasma tables just for building bumpers and accessories for their off road trucks.
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Anytime GWS ..hell grab some tube and head to Texas for the day and lets bend one up
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...
VSAW
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by VSAW »

I used to design and build truck bumpers and grille guards for new trucks at commercial body and rigging. When I designed a new one I always started with the mounts. Make the center pieces first then work your way around one side. Always step back and look at the truck from 10 feet away from the front, the side and from a 3/4 angle. It changes your perspective a bunch. I used some white thick cardboard we used to use at the armored car place. It accepts tape well and makes good templates.

plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

VSAW that is some very nice work and good advice.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”