World's Largest Microphone/Lamp

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

World's Largest Microphone/Lamp

Post by Craig »

Well I haven't contacted the Guinness people yet, but it's got to be up there. Made this for my recording studio, I used RGB led's that light up in 10 different modes and are also sound activated. The style is based on the ribbon microphone type 44-BX from RCA circa 1932.

Craig Johnson
Attachments
Microphone-1.png
Microphone-2.png
Microphone-3.png
Microphone-4.png
Microphone-5.png
Microphone-6.png
Logo and IR remote for lights
Logo and IR remote for lights
Last edited by Craig on Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Johnson
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: World's Largest Microphone/Lamp

Post by Larry83301 »

Very nice! :D :D :D

Larry
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

Craig,
I wish I had your talent. That looks great.Where did you get the lights and timer?
JIM
metalart
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by metalart »

Very nice, thanks for sharing! You should definitely check it out for the record?

Sandra
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

Craig,
I was looking at your microphone again, how did you attach the RCA logo?Glue?
Jim
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

james.davis wrote:Craig,
I wish I had your talent. That looks great.Where did you get the lights and timer?
JIM
james.davis wrote:Craig,
I was looking at your microphone again, how did you attach the RCA logo?Glue?
Jim
Thank you Jim, I get my LED's from http://www.elementalled.com and have had good luck so far. The LED's are RGB type which is a red, green and blue LED all mounted in a single chip allows several color combinations including white. I used a color controller "http://www.elementalled.com/wiser-rgb-controller.html" and RGB strip lights "http://www.elementalled.com/high-densit ... spool.html". As far as the RCA logos I have used glues in the past but hated the ooze and cleanup. I now, when I can, use double sided tape. 3M makes some heavy duty tapes. I tape over most of the back side of the logos and then trim, with an x-acto knife the excess. If you rest the knife on the edge and angle it away from the painted surface you can trim without removing paint. It takes awhile but looks the best and can be removed if needed. The tape seems to stick better on plated and powder coated surfaces then hand painted ones.

Craig Johnson
Last edited by Craig on Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Johnson
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Arcs »

Man, you never cease to amaze CJ! Very cool! Might as well send a link to some of your tunes now :D
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Metal Arcs wrote:Man, you never cease to amaze CJ! Very cool! Might as well send a link to some of your tunes now :D
Thanks, It's funny you say this because I have been looking for a place to post my music. Will repost that link as soon as I figure it out. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Arcs »

I use soundcloud.com which is free and easy to use Craig. Making an SM-57 next?? :lol:
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Metal Arcs wrote:I use soundcloud.com which is free and easy to use Craig. Making an SM-57 next?? :lol:
How did you know, my first mic was a Shure SM-57. Thanks for the tip on Soundcloud I posted some of my music there.
http://soundcloud.com/craig-johnson-46
Do you have a link to your music?

Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Arcs »

The SM-58 and SM-57 are the absolute workhorses of the audio industry. Consistent sound and pretty much indestructible! Everybody should have at least a couple!! Nice work on your music. What softwares do you use? I used to track a friend of mine who did mostly covers, it was a lot of fun to try and get the sounds close to the originals. I used Pro Tools and Sony software for all my music.

Below is a link to my music on soundcloud, not for the faint of heart! :twisted:
https://soundcloud.com/twenty-six-lead-soldiers
COWBOY
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by COWBOY »

VERY WELL DONE!!
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

Metal Arcs wrote:The SM-58 and SM-57 are the absolute workhorses of the audio industry. Consistent sound and pretty much indestructible! Everybody should have at least a couple!! Nice work on your music. What softwares do you use? I used to track a friend of mine who did mostly covers, it was a lot of fun to try and get the sounds close to the originals. I used Pro Tools and Sony software for all my music.

Below is a link to my music on soundcloud, not for the faint of heart! :twisted:
https://soundcloud.com/twenty-six-lead-soldiers
Great sound your band is very tight. I especially liked "Our Faith in Lies". I don't shred like I used too and I think I got carpal tunnel syndrome from too much headbanging, which is why my music is on the soft side these days. I do mostly covers was never much of a song writer, been using Cakewalk products for the last 20 years. And as always "ROCK ON" Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
MadMetal2000
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by MadMetal2000 »

Cool light Craig, why am I not surprised you're a good musician too. :lol: Albert
MorrisLloyd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MorrisLloyd »

Craig wrote:Well I haven't contacted the Guinness people yet, but it's got to be up there. Made this for my recording studio, I used RGB led's that light up in 10 different modes and are also sound activated. The style is based on the ribbon led light type 44-BX from RCA circa 1932.

Craig Johnson
Very very impressive lights indeed.. Please tell me cost of these lights I am looking to get them very soon
Last edited by MorrisLloyd on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Craig »

MorrisLloyd wrote:
Craig wrote:Well I haven't contacted the Guinness people yet, but it's got to be up there. Made this for my recording studio, I used RGB led's that light up in 10 different modes and are also sound activated. The style is based on the ribbon led light type 44-BX from RCA circa 1932.

Craig Johnson
Very very impressive lights indeed.. Please tell me cost of these lights I am looking to get them very soon
Thanks Morris, check out "usledsupply.com" they have a lot to choose from. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”