idea-Bagger Device

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
ironhorse
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

idea-Bagger Device

Post by ironhorse »

hey guys, ive been thinking about designing a device you could pull behind a garden tractor that would act sort of like a bagger but would be simple and cost effective. maybe some of us could brainstorm an idea? anyone in?

greg brownell
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: idea-Bagger Device

Post by weldor2005 »

Seems to me this is one of those moments when you can reinvent the wheel. Or maybe use the mentality of why buy it for $200 when I can make it for $300?

Do a search on a yard/lawn sweep. Got mine at local farm supply store for $250. Doubt I could make one that cheap after time invested and materials. works well on leaves and grass clippings, even picked an errant branch or two.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
ironhorse

Post by ironhorse »

Hi David,

Thanks for you view it makes sence. However it is amazing what they have done with the wheel lol.
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

WEll, post what you come up with, I'm sure you will put more engineering into it and probably will be better than what I got. :D
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

I also have a terrible need to re-invent things, my dictaphone never leaves my side so when an idea pops into my head, it's captured before I completely forget what the idea was.

Sometimes I listen to my recorded notes and call myself an idiot, but there is a percentage that I think could do OK, if not downright good. It only needs one good one ................. I see so many designs in things that could be improved yet they stay the same for years. Good thing about improving a wheel is people already know about it and can see the improved feature.

Anyway, what is a bagger for a tractor. I'm mainly in excavation (someone shoot me).

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
ironhorse

Post by ironhorse »

Hi Keith,thanks for your post. I do agree with David in many ways but like you I tend to leave my mind open to change. Ideally change in the American/Canadian way. I have a couple acres and find that after several cuts (mulching) the piles of dead grass look terrible. A bagger is like on a push mower and it just collects the grass. Some baggers are very expensive for riding lawn tractors. David offered a very bright idea using a lawn sweeper, and he is probably right that trying to duplicate it would cost more. However, I would assume it is imported like almost everything else we buy these days. There is no disrespect or prejudice within that statement it's just "what ever happened to the good old days where you could buy American or Canadian made?"

I just thought perhaps by putting a few heads together we could jointly come up with an idea of collecting grass that would be affordable, less time consuming and back breaking as raking.

Take care guys,

Greg
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

Sheep my friend! Sheep are your friend in this case. Cut out the mowing, the bagging and the fertilization program. 100% recycled energy. Get a Border Collie and a nice reclining chair. A beer and you are good to go.
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

I have an remote fence for my dog, Got to thinking about how tall he is off the ground, and that I'm sure I could get the collar on a goat or two. :)
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
crazy59860
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by crazy59860 »

We have a huge yard which leads to emptying the bagger ALOT. My idea was to put a hose on the piece that attached to the mower and put it into a small trailer with sides behind the mower.........that way I don't have to keep stopping to empty....
Hope that makes sense...
Toni
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

did you guys want to know how to not have to bag grass ? and not have grass compost piles.

that's my cup of tea .

just ask and I will post or pm me
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

did you guys want to know how to not have to bag grass ? and not have grass compost piles.
that's my cup of tea .
Ummmmmmmmmm Concrete comes to mind.! ;)
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GPM870 »

As Tnbndr said, Concrete and green paint. When you get bored paint on a few weeds then a week later paint over weeds with more green paint instead of pulling them
Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”