A few projects...

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

A few projects...

Post by Oldsarge »

A few projects I've finished recently...

Just another T-Rex, this was 21" from nose to tail, but the way the picture turned out it kinda looks like it's huge and standing in the parking lot!
T Rex
T Rex
This customer runs a lot of the car shows in our area, and this is his logo, 3'x4' multiple layers.
Stance Wars
Stance Wars
This is a Seattle skyline I do in CopperFX and clear powder. Just under 4' wide, very popular piece I do...
Skyline
Skyline
Almost forgot, Atlanta Braves trailer hitch bling!
Braves
Braves

Going to interview for a new job today, If I get it I'll be backing off the metal art work for a while, and it'll probably be relegated to more of a hobby for a while, but one never knows where the road's going to lead!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: A few projects...

Post by abmagrum »

GOOD LUCK on the job.

nice work
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

lol...That t-rex looks 6 ft tall
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
comeoutswingin
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by comeoutswingin »

I was under the impression that powdercoating clear over the steelfx would ruin the finish?
5x10 LDR
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

comeoutswingin wrote:I was under the impression that powdercoating clear over the steelfx would ruin the finish?
It does change it to a degree.... Darkens it up a bit, so I dial the temp down a bit, and watch it through the window until it just flows out to smooth and then I pull the part.... Not as nice as the clear automotive that Bill sells, but still really nice!

Oldsarge
Seattle Closeup
Seattle Closeup
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
dustywill
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dustywill »

You are truly and artist. What do toy use to attach the layers on the trailer hitch covers?
Precision Plasma 4x8 v-rail
C&CNC dragon cut 620
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Auburn, AL
www.facebook.com/decorativemetalworks
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

Can I ask what temp you turned the oven down to on the patina piece? You say you pulled it out when it looked all smooth, but I was under the impression that the clear coat has to stay in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 just like powder coat.
Does turning the oven down and pulling it out early affect the clear coat in any negative ways that you can tell?
Thanks...and your work is amazing!
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

michmetalman wrote:Can I ask what temp you turned the oven down to on the patina piece? You say you pulled it out when it looked all smooth, but I was under the impression that the clear coat has to stay in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 just like powder coat.
Does turning the oven down and pulling it out early affect the clear coat in any negative ways that you can tell?
Thanks...and your work is amazing!
Thanks! I dial it down to about 365, and I use Ultra Durable clear from Powder Buy the Pound.... The biggest affect is on the brighter copper colors, the rusts and darker colors are not so bad.... When I built the oven I put a pyroceramic window/door in the main door so I could shoot temps without opening the big door, and to be able to see the parts as they cure....

The PBTP clear calls for 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and it actually ends up being anywhere from 7-9 minutes before I pull the part, depending on the size of the piece and the quantity of parts I have in the oven.... Seat of the pants really.... As far as durability, I've never had any problems... it is art work after-all and won't be subjected to the 3000 hour salt water spray test! If I make a piece that's going to be used outdoors I usually revert to the dyes instead and go with a full bake schedule to make sure the durability is there.... Here's a link to the clear I use... I've tried about 4 or 5 different clears, and I find this is the most forgiving, best looking clear I've used.... I've been meaning to try the clear from Prismatic Powders which is supposed to be pretty good as well, but if it ain't broke......

Oldsarge

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/CRYSTA ... OSS_CLEAR/

Here's a full bake piece that was made for outdoors....
Starburst Hummingbird from a file posted here....
Starburst Hummingbird from a file posted here....
Attachments
SAM_0087.jpg
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

Thanks!
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

How are you getting the reds, greens and other shades. Are you using steelfx products or something else. We can't get close to this????
Granite
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Granite »

Love that Braves logo.

Go Pirates! :)

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”