What would this be worth ?

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

What would this be worth ?

Post by beefy »

I haven't made any artwork for a customer yet so I haven't got a clue what stuff is worth. My table has a slight shake which gives a bit of a scalloped edge so that's why I've never had the confidence to make stuff to sell. However my mate looked at one of my cuts and reckons it's nothing to worry about unless a customer is going to stand a foot away and examine the edge, and he asked if I could make this for his house.

Seeing as it's a mate I'm just doing this for the cost of the metal, but if this was a paying job what do you reckon it would be worth. In this case my friend gave me a sketch something along the lines of what his wife wanted, then I designed it from scratch.

It's made from Corten steel (3mm) so there's no painting, just the cutting.

Dimensions are 2200 mm x 250 mm.

Cheers,

Keith.
SMITHVILLE.jpg
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: What would this be worth ?

Post by muzza »

I've charged around $300 for similar ones in a similar market to you and do quite a few of them. I've also had people tell me they can get it done for $100, I politely wish them well .
Murray

Remember....

beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: What would this be worth ?

Post by beefy »

Thanks very much Murray,

compared to my pathetic tight access excavation business, that would be easy money, working under much better conditions, with much less costs, sheltered from the weather, little travelling time, much less liability risk, better word of mouth advertising........................crikey I could go on and on. Seems like something to work towards.

Got a good laugh at the joke by the way.

Cheers,

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”