Part of drawing dissapearing.

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
rocksolidframes
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Part of drawing dissapearing.

Post by rocksolidframes »

I recently received an order to cut some 42" manhole covers out of 1/2" plate. Using Plasma Cam I drew a 42" circle centered on coordinates 24,24. I also drew a 2" by 5" slot 5" in from the edge of the circle to accept a lifting handle and a second one on the other side. That was the entire drawing, three cuts, two rectangular slots for handles and one 42" circle. After connecting segments, picking cut order, converting to cut pass, and running cut preview I saved it on my traveldrive and loaded on my tracker command and cut. When I found it and hit open, the two rectangular slots showed up and the pierce point for the circle showed up but the circle got lost. There used to be a guy floating around out there by the name of Mr. Leatherhands that was sharp as a tack but I would apprieciate some help from anyone. I don't have a clue where the circle rolled off to.

Thankyou, Saddleburr
rocksolidframes
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Part of drawing dissapearing.

Post by rocksolidframes »

Mr Leatherhands,
Yes your right it was an export problem, that I created, and yes thanks to you, I did get my THC working properly. The only problem I have now is my tracker software doesn't have the capability of self adjusting for half of the kerf. I was wondering if a software upgrade is available, or what do you suggest?

Thanks, Saddlebur
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Part of drawing dissapearing.

Post by geo4932 »

Just export your cut path from Plasmacam and it will already have the kerf offset. Plasmacam offsets the drawing, not the machine. So your Tracker will follow the already offset drawing.
Happy cutting.

George

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”