Hypertherm Finecut-85A tool sets / cut charts for Sheetcam

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Hypertherm Finecut-85A tool sets / cut charts for Sheetcam

Post by motoguy »

We've had some pretty nasty storms here today, so I haven't wanted to power up the table and do any cutting. I JUST got back up from 1.5 weeks down, due to some damaged boards/components in my CandCNC box as well as the PM85. I literally installed my Rev2 DTHCIV card this morning, after it arrived in the mail. So...I'm not tempting fate today. lol

That being said, I've been doing some nesting, drawing, etc on another computer. One thing I wanted to do, was put together a cut chart/toolset for Linux/CommandCNC. In addition, I wanted to be the most comprehensive list possible.

My PM85 manual omits certain cut settings that are in the new PM45XP manual. For instance, my PM85 manual has no settings for cutting 1/2" material at 45A. The PM45XP manual does. So, I've spent some time today merging the cut charts from both of the manuals, and building a "Finecut through 85A" toolset for sheetcam Linux/CommandCNC.

The cutter settings should work for Windows/Mach as well as Linux/Sheetcam. The CODES (DTHC off, etc) will need to be changed for Mach. Mach uses S codes, Linux does not.

I'll upload them in just a moment. I have a Finecut low-speed set, Finecut regular speed, 45A, 65A, 85A, and "all of them together". Hopefully some of you will find them helpful.
LCNC_Hypertherm Finecut through 85A toolsets.zip

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
FazQuaz
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm Finecut-85A tool sets / cut charts for Sheetcam

Post by FazQuaz »

Thanks! this is just what I have been looking for. I have a bulltear 4x8 on order with the PM 85. I have been reading almost everything you write because our machines should be similar.
Star Lab NGEN 4x8
PowerMax 85
Linux/Command CNC
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Thanks Motorguy, picked out the 3 I wanted and extracted them to my SheetCam tools folder, worked great.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Everything should be book spec, EXCEPT:

1) Finecut mild steel are set at .076" pierce height, .075" cut height. Book is .15 and .06. Several times I've seen Jim Colt mention that .075-.08 cut height works best with the Finecut, so that's what I put in there. That's what I've been using for a year or more. He also states that pierce height can equal cut height on thinner stuff (I take that to mean 14ga and less). Everything has 0 sec pause at end of cut, and I think everything has at least a 2 sec delay for DTHC.

2) Where there is incomplete information (HT cut chart, but no kerf width given, or toolset that came with CandCNC package, but not in the HT manual), I left the "unknown settings" as 0. I think a handful of kerf widths are the only thing this applies to.

Regarding #1, I run CandCNC controls, and there MUST be a movement between cut and pierce height for the THC to properly engage. This means a pierce height of .075 and a cut height of .075 would NOT let the THC turn on. With the pierce height of .076, there's a small (.001) movement, but that's enough to kick on the THC.

See my other post about "discrepencies between PM45XP and PM85 cut charts". I believe I used the specs from my PM85 manual, UNLESS there were no spec in the PM85 manual. Then I used the spec from the PM45XP manual. 45A over 1/4", for example, is all from the 45XP cut chart...there are no 45A cut charts for >1/4" in my PM85 manual. After reading Jim Colt's response ("There are some differences, they can be viewed as interchangeable"), I MAY go back an create a "Finecut/45A from PM85 charts", and a "Finecut/45A from PM45XP charts". Or maybe not. It takes of butt ton of time to put those toolsets together, and make sure everything is set up correctly. If Jim says they're interchangeable, I'm not sure it's worth messing with.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”