65A Hypertherm CNC Command Slow Seed Fine Cut 22g

CommandCNC related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Rox
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

65A Hypertherm CNC Command Slow Seed Fine Cut 22g

Post by Rox »

Hello-

Fairly new user. After cutting 30 sheets of parts from 1/2" to 12 gauge with 65A-45A I feel pretty successful.
I am now trying to dial in Fine Cut on 22g steel.
I have
65A 9600 Hypertherm
SHeetcam
Command CNC

My question is my Tools from Sheetcam to CNC.

Within Sheetcam I have an option for 30A Slow Fine Cut on 22g.
When I am in CNC I do not see an Option for that tool. Just the Slow Fine Cut 22g Steel.

The Amps and Volts do not match in CNC. CNC is still at 45A .

Is the tools different from Sheetcam to CNC?

What tool is recommended then for 22g. ?

I did cut on the 22g with a regular 45A tip and it was whipping it out. I am trying to integrate the 45A Fine Cut now. Things just don't jive from Sheetcam to CNC.

Thanks!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 65A Hypertherm CNC Command Slow Seed Fine Cut 22g

Post by tcaudle »

The tools in SheetCAM ARE from CandCNC. Same tool sets. So when the tool is used in SheetCAM it embeds it in the G-code with specific values out of the tool table. We do not have separate tool sets from SheetCAM . We DO have our own specific tool tables that include the added parameters for cut automation and one is the cut current. Open the tooltable in the tool table display in SheetCAM and pick Plasma and look at all f the columns. you will see each tool has a number and each tool has a list of specific parameters. If its wrong or you want to add and tool just edit the table and SAVE the toolset . You can also add tools in the tool selector. Our toolsets work with our RS485 Hypertherm option to auto set values for Amps and Air pressure remotely .

in short you can make any tool or toolset you want and select it when you start to do your CAM work in SHeetCAm in the values get sent in the code over to CommandCNC . Things can be changed on the fly to . We have a unique option called "Soft Pierce" taht lets you use the RS485 tot he Hypertherm to dynamically start a pierce at lower current and ramp it up as it moves from pierce height to cut height. In thicker mateial it lowers the stress on the consumables and increase their life and makes for less backsplash . It also comes in handy for a process where we center peck (without full penetration) drill holes Mkes nice round divots that do not hardent he metal . Works down to 16ga and maybe lthinner if you can lower the amsp to 10. Older Powermax would not let you go below 20A.

Get faster answers over on our dedicated SUPPORT FORUM (link in our SUPPORT section of the Website. .
Rox
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Rox »

HI thank you for your reply!

I figured out things. When in CNC I had to manually put Amps to 30 for the Tip I was using. It just comes up 45 A and that got me confused. I have cut about 30 Sheets of part all thicker gauge. But when I moved down to the slo fine cut it was a small learning curve.

One thing I figured out that was a big deal. I had created several rules. Eventually those rules and the VAD started conflicting and the Torch kept diving and terrible cuts. I took away all rules except slow down on small holes and it has been performing great!

Thanks
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Even slow down on small holes cna be handled internally. The BEST way is to select all of the small holes onto one layer and cut it differently at a loser feedrate and perhaps even with the DTHC off in that layer. The DTHC is dynamic as it cuts so it handles a lot of stuff along with SheetCAM having internal variables that can be used. The "Min Cut length for DTHC" looks at each cut segment BEFORE its cut and reports the lenght. The setting then uses the number you put in so any cut length LESS than the setting keeps the DTHC off. If you stick in rules of your own they do things you can\t predict . The Min Cut Length will take care of small holes and the DTHC but doe snot slow them down. One thing that might help is to build a sepearte CONFIG (Profile) that has the XY motor tuning turned down with a lower acceleration . Something in the 20 IPS/sec range so it slows down sooner and more on curves and corners . Less jerky motion.. Since you can have as many CONFIGS as you want you can design cusom ones for different kinds of cutting and material.

Return to “C&CNC CommandCNC”