Wright CNC table moves one way in Y axis

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
tlmkr38
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Wright CNC table moves one way in Y axis

Post by tlmkr38 »

I have a Wright table that was working fine a few months ago. Haven't needed it but now when I start it up the Y axis won't move in the Positive direction. It has 2 motors turning opposite of each other and it will run fine in the Negative direction but not positive. I can even reset the pins in Mach 3 and change the button to move it but still only the one direction. When it tries to run in the positive it acts like the motors are turning the same direction thus causing then to go in opposite directions but work together going the other way.

Any ideas?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wright CNC table moves one way in Y axis

Post by weldguy »

So when you try to move in the positive direction and both sides are fighting each other which side is actually turning the proper direction?

Swap the Y axis drivers from one side to the other and see if you move the incorrect direction rotation to the other side.

If you swap the drivers and the direction issue moves to the other side of the gantry I would say that you have a bad motor driver and start by replacing it.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

The motor that is not working correctly may have a broken wire in the DIR signal, the motor may also make a grunting noise when you try to move in the positive direction. If your drivers have the green connecters that go to the motor, as weldguy said switch them. For a test you can leave the good motor unplugged for a short movement to see what happens.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tlmkr38
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tlmkr38 »

Thanks for the replies. After posting this I went back to clean all of the connections and all. Turned everything off. When I turned it back on Windows it's self wouldn't load. Finally got that straightened out and all of a sudden everything works as it should. I think the thing is possessed :) I'm gonna print this out and keep it in case it happens again though and check it all. Now to just get it to stop cutting bevels....

Thanks again :)
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

The last time I had a similar problem with a motor motion it was a bad crimp on a pin in the connecter by the motor. To be on the safe side you may pull on the wires going into each connecter with power off. Don't want things to crop back up when you need the table. :Sad
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Sounds like you just had a bad, dirty, or loose connection. Glad to hear you've got it fixed.
Happy Cutting!

David

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”