Change Zero Zero Location to Hole Center

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Change Zero Zero Location to Hole Center

Post by Dirtmotor »

Morning , I am trying to figure out how to set up a circle or slot to be cut starting from center , I want to be able to mark center of circle and start my cut from this mark wherever it might be on part , cant find anything on how to do it . Basically it will be making center of hole 0,0 then cutting ?
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Cutting random holes

Post by cuttinparts »

Are you just trying to do a lead in but from a specific and exact location?
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dirtmotor »

No I was wanting to cut a hole with out having 0,0 as the edge of material , I think I figured it out , I made center of hole 0,0 and put start at center of hole in operations, now where ever I zero out the torch will be center of the hole .
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Ah I got ya, glad you figured it out.
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Change Zero Zero Location to Hole Center

Post by Dirtmotor »

Thank you , It worked ok but relied on me to lay out and line up holes . Not Ideal...
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Change Zero Zero Location to Hole Center

Post by adbuch »

Dirtmotor wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:34 pm Thank you , It worked ok but relied on me to lay out and line up holes . Not Ideal...
Most cnc controllers have a work coordinate offset table where you can enter the x and y offset values from machine zero to work zero. You would typically jog your spindle, torch, etc. such it is centered on the work zero of your part. Then enter the readout values for x and y into your work coordinate offset table. These are typically G54, G55, etc. The most common one I use is G54. There will be G54x and G54y values in the offset table. My understanding is that by default SheetCam automatically generates the G54 values from the table zero specified in SheetCam to your part zero - which could be at the center of the part, edge of part, or any place you choose to place it. You could also manually enter the G54 command in your g-code and the controller should then read the G54 offset values in the table and set your part zero accordingly. I would recommend checking with Les Newall to make sure this is the way it works for SheetCam.

David

Return to “SheetCam”