Hypertherm Plasma XPR 170 plate cutting issues

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
PeytonEvosTS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm Plasma XPR 170 plate cutting issues

Post by PeytonEvosTS »

Good morning to all who reads this,

I work at a shop with a 40' hypertherm plasma using xpr 170. We have run into an issue where when we export the cut file to a USB and plug it in to the table it adds an inch on the width and length of the plate. EX: we are cutting a 72 x 240 plate and when we cut it runs off an inch on top of one of the parts. Looking at the screen the dimensions reading for the plate are 73 x 241, we don't know what changed and we have no idea how to fix it. If anyone has run into this issue or know how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks have a good day
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm Plasma XPR 170 plate cutting issues

Post by weldguy »

Please attach your cut file in dxf or svg format, I would be interested to have a look for you.
PeytonEvosTS
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PeytonEvosTS »

Here is the best I can do in a zip file, not sure if this will help you but if you have pronest you should be able to open this up in there. Its NIF file our DXFs are individual parts. The issue is with the cut file itself not the parts.
Attachments
423009-01.zip
Couldn't get the DXF of the cut and we aren't sure what the SVG is we have it in a NIF file when we send to plasma table.
(53.2 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Unfortunately I cannot do anything with your attached nif file.

So if your nesting individual dxf designs look to your nesting software for an offset from XY 0 and check your material size.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”