THC IPM

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

THC IPM

Post by Gogo »

Trying to fine tune my table and I think the THC speed is too fast. There is a reduction factor on the torch travel speed of a percentage, What factor are most of you using for 14 gauge or thinner. Im cutting great on plate but the gauge sheet is giving me some issues and I can see rapid movement on the torch head.

Hypertherm fine cut 35 to 45 amps recommendation for the reduction factor? Was going to set it at around 20% of the travel speed and go from there as a starting point unless someone has it dialed in for this type of cutting.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC IPM

Post by acourtjester »

You may be a better reply if you state the controller and the software you are using. Some of what you are talking about is controlled by either the G-code or the configuration of the controller. I have used a few different THC unit and they don't control the speed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Gogo
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

The controller sets it as a percentage of the torch XY speed given. This is just for up and down IPM baseline . All the other stuff Im good on.
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kicktillmonday »

With the info your providing I think that the best would be to use the smallest percentage you can and increase it if you find it is not reacting fast enough as the material warps.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”