Re open .gm file?

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
442weld
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re open .gm file?

Post by 442weld »

Is there a way to re open a .gm file into the torchmate program?

I made a file, loaded it into the plasma but realized I needed to tweak the program a little bit can’t figure out how to re open that file into the torchmate program.
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Re open .gm file?

Post by kicktillmonday »

What program generates your .gm files? Are you able to attach one of these files in a reply here? I am not familiar with .gm.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65
442weld
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 442weld »

Torchmate program
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

442weld wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:42 am Is there a way to re open a .gm file into the torchmate program?

I made a file, loaded it into the plasma but realized I needed to tweak the program a little bit can’t figure out how to re open that file into the torchmate program.
Rename the .gm to .nc, then you can import the file into TM Cad and it will show up as a line drawing. You will need to delete the lead-in/outs as well as the objects will be slightly bigger or smaller depending on the kerf compensation.
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kicktillmonday »

adbuch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:18 pm
442weld wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:42 am Is there a way to re open a .gm file into the torchmate program?

Rename the .gm to .nc, then you can import the file into TM Cad and it will show up as a line drawing. You will need to delete the lead-in/outs as well as the objects will be slightly bigger or smaller depending on the kerf compensation.
Oh man David, thats a sweet deal! Had no idea. Hope that works out for him.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65

Return to “Torchmate Forum”