Indian

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Indian

Post by sasf430 »

Does or can anyone have a DXF file for the attached?
Last edited by BrianMick on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wanted it deleted
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Indian

Post by Larry83301 »

Would this help? You may need to clean it up a bit.

Larry
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

sasf430 wrote:Does or can anyone have a DXF file for the attached?
Hey, that picture looks real familar. Where did you get it?

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

Perhaps it came from here ----

Larry

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

Not that I know of, this image has been knocking around for years. The best book I have seen for Indian images is the American Heritage book from around 1972 Time Life...
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

sasf430 wrote:Not that I know of, this image has been knocking around for years. The best book I have seen for Indian images is the American Heritage book from around 1972 Time Life...
The book shows many, black and white photos from some guy who wandered around the west with a camera, you know one of those cameras that has that powder that explodes and provides the light, and then the image is burned into a plate of some kind. I am not a photographer so I am not explaining this to good. but I do know the images are well over 50 years old...
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Larry, do you do scroll saw work? I have a lot of those books. I have thought about trying to scan some of the art and see how it works. Some of those books have really good looking art.
Thanks, Dawg
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

Dawgonhawg wrote:Larry, do you do scroll saw work? I have a lot of those books. I have thought about trying to scan some of the art and see how it works. Some of those books have really good looking art.
Thanks, Dawg
I have a CNC router, it can follow the lines, I can't. I use the art from several different scroll saw sources. Many of them are great pieces of art work. I scan them and convert to DFX files, then load into my CAD/CAM program. I have several hundred programs that came from scroll saw sources. I even made two wooden clocks that were featured in one of the magazines.

Larry

P.S. When you scan use the highest DPI that you can, and scan in gray scale. That?s the best for most of the conversion programs to use. I have one of the older flatbed scanner that can scan at 7200 DPI, that works well for most of the art.
DXF

Post by DXF »

sasf430 wrote:Not that I know of, this image has been knocking around for years. The best book I have seen for Indian images is the American Heritage book from around 1972 Time Life...
The picture you took hasn't been around for long. I put it on my website about 2 years ago. I'll have to block images being downloaded. My mistake.

Dave Hanks
azfabshop
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by azfabshop »

What was it you did 2 years ago, the arrowhead around the indian? You're not stating you drew the indian are you?
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Larry, thank you for the information.
Dawg
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

Dawg
If you need anything let me know, OK?
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

DXF wrote:
The picture you took hasn't been around for long. I put it on my website about 2 years ago. I'll have to block images being downloaded. My mistake.

Dave Hanks
Larry I did not intend anything by it, someone brought it to me. I recognized the Chief Joseph and new it had been around for years so I did not consider it. I personally do not like the Arrow head surrounding and have never cut it. For some reason every time I try to cut something with a lot of detail the piece heats up to much and warps. I have wasted a great deal of sheet metal that way. Have you ever used a router attachment instead of a scroll saw?

Steve
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

Larry83301 wrote:
Dawgonhawg wrote:Larry, do you do scroll saw work? I have a lot of those books. I have thought about trying to scan some of the art and see how it works. Some of those books have really good looking art.
Thanks, Dawg
I have a CNC router, it can follow the lines, I can't. I use the art from several different scroll saw sources. Many of them are great pieces of art work. I scan them and convert to DFX files, then load into my CAD/CAM program. I have several hundred programs that came from scroll saw sources. I even made two wooden clocks that were featured in one of the magazines.

Larry

P.S. When you scan use the highest DPI that you can, and scan in gray scale. That?s the best for most of the conversion programs to use. I have one of the older flatbed scanner that can scan at 7200 DPI, that works well for most of the art.
Larry do you cut out of steel? If so, how do you keep the pieces from warping because of all of the detail?
Steve
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

DXF wrote:

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
Someone sent it to me, and asked if I could cut it out of steel. Someone already has cut it, but I have troble doing that much detail the metal heats up to much and warps. Any ideas on cutting down the heat?

Steve
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

DXF wrote:

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
IF I could delete the post I would. Does it offend you?

Steve
DXF

Post by DXF »

azfabshop wrote:What was it you did 2 years ago, the arrowhead around the indian? You're not stating you drew the indian are you?
That depends on what your definition of the word "drew" is.

Dave Hanks
DXF

Post by DXF »

sasf430 wrote:
DXF wrote:

Dave Hanks
Stone Mountain Art
IF I could delete the post I would. Does it offend you?

Steve
You can delete the post if you want to. Like I said, "My mistake".

Dave Hanks
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Deleting

Post by sasf430 »

How do you delete a file?
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

It has been taken care of

for future reference you can click edit on the post and delete or modify your statements and or files
Brian
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

[/quote]Larry do you cut out of steel? If so, how do you keep the pieces from warping because of all of the detail?
Steve[/quote]

I have cut steel and aluminum on my CNC. It cuts just like a mill, not a Plasma. Using coolant the metal doesn?t get hot. My son has a Plasma, but I don?t.
Most of my pieces are done in plywood, 5ply exterior for the bigger ones and furniture grade for the smaller ones. I use eighth inch bits for the bigger ones and sixteenth or smaller for the smaller ones, down to .02mm for fine detail. I can also do 3D parts using ball mills.
I am on this board because the art work and files are interchangeable between my machine and a plasma machine. I don?t mind sharing files and helping others, besides most of the people on this board can draw better the me. LOL
I got into CNCs in the 80s, been programming ever since. Graphics has always been my favorite thing to use a computer for, so I gathered lots of programs to do them with. I built my CNC with a lot of help about six years ago, after I retired ( early out).
If ever I can help anyone, just ask. Sharing information and passing on knowledge is what we should be doing. Dying with all your knowledge still in your head is just wrong!
azfabshop

Post by azfabshop »

DXF wrote:
azfabshop wrote:What was it you did 2 years ago, the arrowhead around the indian? You're not stating you drew the indian are you?
That depends on what your definition of the word "drew" is.

Dave Hanks
Well just cause you took a picture thats been around forever and converted it to outlines doesn't mean you own the image. Otherwise everyone that does that to the Harley emblem could say they own it? What was your take? I know you stated it was a mistake, just curious?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DXF

Post by DXF »

This is where I obtained the pattern. I did not take it from someones website. Ask Gary Browning. I challenge you to set up a booth at Sturgis selling Harley stuff.

Dave Hanks
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

That's the same thing it says in my book! I got it several years back. LOL

Larry
sasf430
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by sasf430 »

Larry83301 wrote:That's the same thing it says in my book! I got it several years back. LOL

Larry
Wow this started a sh*^ storm. And I have never even cut the picture of Joseph or the arrow head. I tried once but threw it out. Too much detail and to thin, I think, it warped to much to use...

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”