hypertherm 65 trouble code 30

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
celtic 64
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

hypertherm 65 trouble code 30

Post by celtic 64 »

hello everyone ive got a trouble code 30 on my hypertherm

installed new consumables the correct way with machine off

the code still is there

i disconnected it from the plasma cam and used it by hand with no luck

the manual says that the consumeables are either stuck open or closed

it also says the torch may be damaged

its a hand torch set up

has anyone got any ideas

thanks in advance fro the great people on this site

willie farrell
conradestrada
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 65 trouble code 30

Post by conradestrada »

I had the same problem replaced the consumables and it will only run for about 10 minutes called hypertherm. They suggested I go to Air Gas and I took the machine before thanksgiving. I just got it back this afternoon after calling for the last month and a half. all they did was ruin my plasma cam cord and still having the same problem. I will call hypertherm in the morning to see what they have to offer now. Good luck I will let you know if I get any answers.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

We have had a few issues with the PlasmaCam clamp screws putting too much squeeze on the torch body (it is designed for hand held use.....we have a machine torch for machine held use). It is possible that the torch was damaged from the mounting. I would suggest calling Hypertherm tech service and have them work with you for troubleshooting. The error code you mention can also be caused by marginal input air pressure. As soon as the air flows.....it creates a pressure drop at the inlet. On my Powermax85 I installed a pressure gauge right at the inlet....the pressure must stay above 90 psi at this point while air is flowing...or you will get an error code.

Jim Colt
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Let me know what tech service advises....I'll be happy to help you out in any way I can. What happened to the PlasmaCam cable?

Jim Colt Hypertherm

conradestrada wrote:I had the same problem replaced the consumables and it will only run for about 10 minutes called hypertherm. They suggested I go to Air Gas and I took the machine before thanksgiving. I just got it back this afternoon after calling for the last month and a half. all they did was ruin my plasma cam cord and still having the same problem. I will call hypertherm in the morning to see what they have to offer now. Good luck I will let you know if I get any answers.
conradestrada

Post by conradestrada »

They stepped on it or crushed it some way. Thank God my other plasma cutter had one but now we will have to take the time to switch it every time! I will let you know, thank you so much for your help you represent your company well, I sure hope they know that!
conradestrada

Post by conradestrada »

Just got off the horn with Bill and I can tell you if we only had to deal with hypertherm I would be in heaven. I am taking the machine right to the repair company myself cutting out the middle man! I have them rewind and do all our 3 phase motors so I am very familiar with them. Thanks again Jim you are a good man!
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

If you are using your Powermax65 with a machine torch...and your plasma has the CPC (circular plastic connector) on the rear panel....I make a plug and play cable that replaces the PlasmaCam cable. It simmply plugs into the PlasmaCam, plugs into the plasma CPC connector.....and you are ready to cut. Again...it only works with machine torch and the CPC connector.
IMG_3054.jpg
IMG_3054.jpg (52.41 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Powermax85install 008.jpg
Powermax85install 008.jpg (56.22 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

conradestrada wrote:Just got off the horn with Bill and I can tell you if we only had to deal with hypertherm I would be in heaven. I am taking the machine right to the repair company myself cutting out the middle man! I have them rewind and do all our 3 phase motors so I am very familiar with them. Thanks again Jim you are a good man!
Thumper
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thumper »

I had this problem as well, and as stated above the clamp was squeezing the body of the torch to tight.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”