Proma THC 150

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
53hudson
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Proma THC 150

Post by 53hudson »

Hello all, I have a home made Tom Verity style plasma table working well kudo's to Tom. I also have floating head and the Proma THC150 installed it is working but I would appreciate a deeper understanding of the set up variables on that unit and its relationship to Z axis speeds etc. I do have a manual and when it comes to the actual setup I find that the details are not fully adequate to understand what does what and why. I was hoping that someone with a better understanding can explain in lay mans terms what each of the parameters is actually doing.

On another note in the Mach 3 plasma screen center lower there are some settings THC speed, THC max, THC min, Can anyone shed some light on those variables and on the right hand side THC min speed? in relation to what.

I am aware that is possible to get some of these setting out to lunch so far that when THC is working it can make the Z axis act like a hack saw when cutting and the Z will move erratically through the cut.

It should be noted that 90% of my work is artwork in 14 gauge material.

Any help/ input appreciated Thanks
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Proma THC 150

Post by TrinityFabworks »

Not sure if you have found an answer yet or not, but the THC min speed means that the thc will only work if your torch head is moving above whatever percentage you have it set at. I, and I believe most people, set the THC min speed to around 60%. This way, when it is doing small details, and your tables acceleration values can't keep the torch moving at a a constant velocity, Mach temporarily shuts off the THC's ability to adjust the z-axis so that your torch doesn't dive into the table. On the proma, the "DT" stands for delay time (this is how long after the torch fires do you want the thc to hold off before it actually starts adjusting the z-axis. "HYS" is the voltage range that you are ok if it fluctuates in. Say I wanted to cut at 145v, but I don't want my THC taking over until it reaches 140v or 150v... I would set the HYS to 5. This allows it to have a small range of acceptable voltages so it isn't constantly changing. HYS is all plus or minus. Meaning that if it says 4...it really has a range of 8 volts (4 above, and 4 below the selected voltage)
"H-U" is te high voltage. Sometimes at the beginning or end of a cut your voltage will spike. This setting tells the THC not to do a drastic move if it hits a certain voltage. For example if I had the THC set at 145 volts, and my H-U was set for 175V....my THC would adjust the z axis with readings up to 174v...if it was ever 175 or higher, the z axis would just stay at whatever height that it was already at so it wouldn't dive into the table.

Hope this helps
53hudson

Re: Proma THC 150

Post by 53hudson »

Thankyou for the help and explanation on this topic. Much appreciated

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”