Air Quality and Air Quantity write up

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Air Quality and Air Quantity write up

Post by msimpson99 »

I just finished a my take on plasma CNC air quality.
plasmatest2.jpg
This write-up is based on my plasma CNC use over the last couple years.
You can see the write-up here:
http://www.kronosrobotics.com/cnccsplasmaair

This is for my CNCCS plasma builders. Please, if I missed something let me know. Hope this helps.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Air Quality and Air Quantity write up

Post by Ironken »

Well laid out article! You may want to mention that compressors have a duty cycle. Somebody may see that the compressor has just enough cfm to run the plasma powersource but will have to run continousely to keep up and end up burnin' it down.

As a sidebar, the blue (cobalt doped) desiccant is toxic. I did not feel comfortable baking it in the same oven I cook my kids food in, so I switched to the orange desiccant.....just my preference.

All of the auto tank drains that I found have really short durations between dumps. Where did you find one that dumps every 2hrs? I would be interested in that.
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by msimpson99 »

Good points, I will add them on next edit.

I have a microwave in my shop just for shop type things. I have been using that for the last 3 or 4 years with great success.

My auto drain solution consists of a couple components, that I will be writing up in detail with links soon. I will say that since I added the auto drain, I have don't have to change the descant as oftain. I will post once I have the writeup on the auto drain.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

I will be watching for your write up and links on the auto drain. It looks like you have the auto drain set up in line with a timer......brilliant! I never thought of that.
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by msimpson99 »

That is exactly what I did. You just have to make sure use the correct valve or it wont fire when the timer kicks in.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

I found a tank drain off of ebay that is 220 volts and wired it to my pressure switch on my compressor. So the tank drain will only open when the compressor is running. I think I set it for every 30 seconds so it drains probably 2 times every time the compressor fires.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”