New THC

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Metalmedic
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New THC

Post by Metalmedic »

I've been looking into ditching the old Proma THC over it not ever working fast enough. Does anyone know anything about the TMC 3in1 that hooks to ESS Smoothstepper? Im undecided between the Neuron Lite or going with CandCNC's whole setup with a new Z and all. Its hard when I know Mach 3. then I found this new TMC3in1 that looks like its now working with Mach 4 and a new screenset all right in Mach 4. No need to go to the controller to change volts. It also looks to have an expansion rj45 port in one of the diagrams to expand to control volts remotely on the machine? Im thinking on a hypertherm serial port. Thank you in advance for any feedback on these systems.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New THC

Post by tcaudle »

The Hypertherm serial port does not let you set Volts. It's there it let you set Cut current and Air Pressure normally done with the knob. Be sure it supports the Hypertherm RS485 protocol. Unless it has stored presets or can load it from G=code then you will be changing it manually from the screen instead of with the knob.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”