Shade 5 cover film

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Shade 5 cover film

Post by msimpson99 »

I am looking for some sort of shade 5 film I can put over the front of this dust guard that I use when my plasma fixture is installed.
_MG_5195.jpg
I have some welding curtains I can use, but would like to find something else before I start cutting them up. I need to cover an 18" by 4" area at a minimum.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Shade 5 cover film

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Go by a window tint shop and see what shades they offer, take your pcs with you they probably have scraps leftover.. Lexan and other plastics are available in a variety of tinted colors as well.
ForceDesigns
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by ForceDesigns »

I've used laser rated Tuffak before on some laser engravers. These are the serious part markers. We used them in cast aluminum part marking and most recently in a cast iron V8 for Duramax. Probably do what you need but that stuff is not cheap.
Home Built 4x4 CNC Plasma Table
Ethernet Smoothstepper
C25 BOB
MiniTHC
Hypertherm Powermax 45XP
Software: Mach3 and Sheetcam, Solidworks 2019 for serious design work and Inkscape for signs
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by msimpson99 »

I ended up purchasing a Hobart face shield replacement lens. Cost me about $7.

This one is shade three but they also sell as shade 5.
sheild1.jpg
sheild3.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

TJS

Post by TJS »

How many replacement lenses did you use. That looks like a lot of surface area for one lens. I follow you on YT and you have some cool vids.
T.J.
msimpson99
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by msimpson99 »

It is for one of those open face shields, used for grinding. Its 16" wide, 8" tall and is made from 1/32" polycarb. I cut it down with tin snips. I am going to order a couple more and do the sides.

Out of the 400 videos I have done on Youtube, I am just starting to add voice overs. Voice overs are time consuming. On my first voice over, I did over 100 extra takes for the snip-its I made for the video. On the second only about 24 extra takes. So as I get more comfortable, they will get easier.
TJS

Post by TJS »

msimpson99 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 pm It is for one of those open face shields, used for grinding. Its 16" wide, 8" tall and is made from 1/32" polycarb. I cut it down with tin snips. I am going to order a couple more and do the sides.

Out of the 400 videos I have done on Youtube, I am just starting to add voice overs. Voice overs are time consuming. On my first voice over, I did over 100 extra takes for the snip-its I made for the video. On the second only about 24 extra takes. So as I get more comfortable, they will get easier.
I commend you on voice overs. I just shoot vids from my phone and post them on my YT channel for now. I don't have time to edit and such.
T.J.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”