Bens DIY MK2 table

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Bens DIY MK2 table

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Hi all, long time no post, but I've been busy as trying to get some projects done. One of them being the new plasma table.

So table version one worked, but it had a fair lot of problems. Alot to do with the nut behind the wheel and the cheapness of my engineering skills (or lack thereof). So I stripped the machine and completely started from scratch AGAIN. This time I sat down and learned Fusion 360 and fully 3d modelled and built the machine in CAD first. And so this is what I am left with now. I did get it to the point of actually cutting and cut a few 100 x 100mm squares. And then I ran out of time. Again.

So this time around I am using a UCCNC UC300ETH mounted to a UB1 breakout board. This is coupled with a Neuron THC and ohmic sensor. And running it is some really big Clearpath servos mounted on some high precision 10:1 helical cut planetary gearboxes. Linear rails all around and helical cut gear racks doing the motion. I think I may have gone overkill with them, but bugger it, you only live once. I also made up my own cable clamps and electronic boxes with the 3d printer to make things more custom.

So far so good, and although it's been a learning curve, it's been a good experience. Some more testing and long term running will set everything pretty straight and i'll get to know how to run it 100%

More photos later on.
20190913_154937.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Bens DIY MK2 table

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome back your table look like a health build, :Like You should be able to get to using and enjoying it. :Yay
have fun
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”