Centroid acorn cnc

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
sextonwelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Centroid acorn cnc

Post by sextonwelding »

So Im looking to build a new table and came across the new centroid acorn set up just want to see if any one on here has any experience with it? Thinking about building and 5x10 with clearpath servos and a hyperther 85 plasma.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Centroid acorn cnc

Post by weldguy »

Never heard of it until now. Interested to hear if anyone here has experience with it also.
Bloomingtonmike
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bloomingtonmike »

My Centroid Acorn Plasma is up and running now. I think the controller is nice.

I retrofitted a router build to candcnc commandcnc MP3600 ATHC and G540 gecko originally, and swapped that setup for a Centroid Plasma to drive the G540. Still new in my conversion but happy so far.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... ByWWszUDl3
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

That's a nice looking setup! How do you like the water tray? And how effective is it at eliminating the plasma smoke/dust? I converted one of my Avid Pro cnc router tables to Centroid Acron CNC12 and it works quite nicely. I added a photo of your setup below.
David
centroid cnc plasma.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

I just stumbled into your post this morning. That looks awesome! I use some AVID CNC products myself. I really like their stuff but it doesn't seem that very many people are using their controllers and THC plasma systems from what I can tell. I have been reading up on ACORN and other THC's as well. . I also use CANDCNC currently. I like the looks of your water table and water filling system. Nice job. Did you fab your own water table?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

edclayton1 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:44 pm I just stumbled into your post this morning. That looks awesome! I use some AVID CNC products myself. I really like their stuff but it doesn't seem that very many people are using their controllers and THC plasma systems from what I can tell. I have been reading up on ACORN and other THC's as well. . I also use CANDCNC currently. I like the looks of your water table and water filling system. Nice job. Did you fab your own water table?
Judging from this photo, it looks like it was bent up and corner welded from scratch. I suspect he did it himself or had it bent up at a local shop. And I really like that enclosure for the 3D printer shown in the right hand portion of the photo. Very nice!!

David
water tray.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

N2 Welding
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by N2 Welding »

Sure would of been nice if this was a already built thread. Bloomingtonmike’s table does look nice.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”