Gantry linear motion ID question

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
TowPkg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Gantry linear motion ID question

Post by TowPkg »

Snag_35d8c1c4.png
Hi folks, I've been searching around trying to identify this part that is affixed to the gantry span tube steel that the v rollers of the y ride. Closest thing I found was from Avid that affixes cold rolled square to t-slot extrusion. This one seems to have the steel v top and bottom already as part of the assembly. Can anyone identify and suggest a vendor source?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

TowPkg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Gantry linear motion ID question

Post by TowPkg »

I found it from another build here - duh....need to pay closer attention :)

https://www.pbclinear.com/Products/Inte ... near-Guide
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Nice find, I like that both bottom and top bearing surfaces are designed into 1 piece. Most I have seen are separate top and bottom and installation spacing is then critical along the entire length so you don't get tight or loose spots as the lifter moves along the Y axis.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I agree with Plasmanewbie - great find! I've never paid much attention to how the other tables do it. Plasmacam has a unique method with rollers and gear racks, while my Avid CNC tables use a rack and pinion drive with single line linear rails. How many hours do you have on your table that these parts are already needing replacement? Just curious.

Thanks,
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

igus do a similar arrangement

https://www.igus.co.uk/drylin/linear-guide

lots of options

very close to this igus rail just using u groove bearings
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/linear-g ... lsrc=aw.ds
Lee0110
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Lee0110 »

It sounds like you are looking for a steel V-slot bracket. There are many vendors that offer these brackets, and they can usually be found on websites such as Amazon and eBay. If you are looking for a specific size or style, you may need to contact a local industrial supplier.
TowPkg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TowPkg »

Lee0110 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:23 am It sounds like you are looking for a steel V-slot bracket. There are many vendors that offer these brackets, and they can usually be found on websites such as Amazon and eBay. If you are looking for a specific size or style, you may need to contact a local industrial supplier.
That is pretty much it. Linear rail options in general for X and Y. Building a 4x8 table. I am looking for a vendor in, or ships to the US, in the longest length possible - often limited to 6/7 feet due to UPS and economy. Also a vendor with the best "value" - quality and price. Some I have found to be REALLY expensive in my eyes for what it is. If anyone has good resources (I have reviewed the resources sticky), would love to speed this part up as it is the part that is holding me back currently.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”