Dani THC ?

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Dani THC ?

Post by Dingo74536 »

I am looking at buying a THC for my small DIY plasma after having problems with the Chinese Starfire SF 25 unit that I tried to get going without like and I think it was just a bad one, but I am not willing to gamble on another so I have been looking at my alternative options in my budget price range.

So far my main contender was probably a Proma SD but the I saw another brand on Ebay which I have not seen any reviews etc , just a couple of Youtube videos.
So my question is has anyone had any info or opinions about this unit, and it looks good for the price, not Chinese, actually from Bulgaria.
I can get this unit for about the same price as Proma delivered here in Australia.

So what doe you suggest ?
https://danifix.company.site/THC-Contro ... p489282973
Manual for DANI THC7SDP Manual EN 4
DANI THC7SDP Manual EN 4.pdf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dani THC ?

Post by acourtjester »

What I would say with looking at the past posts here from members that have the Proma SD, I would not buy that model. Or any unit that places the motor control away from the BOB, meaning they route the signals for motor control through the THC unit after the BOB. This is more of a stand along control, which has shown problems to the users. the Proma 150 routes the up/down signal to the BOB then to the motor which I have used with similar problems of the SD model.
Price wise if you can get the boards is to switch to LinuxCNC software and Mesa electronics which does THC in a different method. RodW has posted a write up on the LiuxCNC site that makes installing LinuxCNC software much easier then before. And selecting QTPlasmaC as a GUI for plasma is great.
This is a visual difference to Mach or UCCNC GUI but adds many attractive options with free software. And there are post processors in SheetCam for LinuxCNC.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jeV ... LFdiY/edit
Last edited by acourtjester on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Dingo74536 »

I don't want to invest more in changing to a new OS and hardware when I already have a licensed copy of Mach3 and hardware for a machine that I built just for one project that I am building and I will be getting rid of the plasma machine when I have done all the parts that I need.

So that is why I want to KISS and keep to my meager budget.
I can go with either Step/Dir or Up/Down easily because I have the components needed already and I was hoping to find a workable solution for my needs which I thought that either of the Proma THC's or either of the Dani THC's might fit the bill.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Not a problem your shop your choice.
If you buy the Dani please report back on how things worked out, it will help others making similar decision when they come up.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Dingo74536 »

Thanks.
Actually still going through the options and I do like the simplicity of the Proma MyPlasm CNC System with Interface which is self contained and works on a Win PC, no Mach3 to worry about etc.
But usually if looks too good to be true, then it probably is no good.
https://www.endmill.com.au/myplasm-cnc- ... interface/
So have you had any feedback on that system ?
Rizla
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rizla »

Can anybody advise on setting up the Dani THC 7SUD using the DrufelCNC BSMCE04U BOB.

Thanks
Davidbratanov
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Davidbratanov »

Dani THC manuals and instruction :https://files.fm/danifixdb/files

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”