New user can't get it going

Star-Lab plasma table discussion forum
SpaceMonkey
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New user can't get it going

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I just got everything put together this weekend so this machine has never run before. Everything seems to work until it is about to cut and then it sits there like it's waiting on a pilot arc or something and doesn't give me an error code. If I disable the torch the machine runs through the program without any problems. I've also tried some of the job files that were probably used to test the machine at the factory and the same thing happens. I've touched the torch to the material and the amber lamp lights up on the ohmic sense module. My Z axis doesn't change from zero no matter where it moves, is this normal? I'm attaching some photos of my setup.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New user can't get it going

Post by BTA Plasma »

The screen should show the Hub Watchdog with an indicator light next to it. If the indicator is not lit up then the hub may not be connected to the PC or it buffered an error. Make sure the hub is connected and the indicator light is on.
SpaceMonkey
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well that was it. Opened the desktop icon and it didn't read the dthc for whatever reason. I plugged the usb into a different usb port on the computer and it came up. Hit run on the software and it took off. Thanks for your help.
BTA Plasma

Post by BTA Plasma »

Good to hear!

The support phone number should also be on the front of the gantry.

Do not hesitate to use it.

We have a good staff ready to help.

Return to “Star-Lab CNC Forum”