need some router help

Star-Lab plasma table discussion forum
ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

need some router help

Post by ggeh »

I have a 2014 starlab 4x4 table that I just installed a 2.2kw water cooled spindle. I made a 4x4 wood table to fit on top of my plasma table. I wanted to cut four slots in the table for t-track rail hold downs. In sheetcam I made 3 pass's at 35ipm to get a total depth of 5/8". The 1st and 2nd pass were 1/4" each and last pass is 1/8" The first pass went good at 35 ipm. The 2nd pass took off at 600ipm.
I used ver28 post processor, the same one I use for plasma. I could not find one for a router.
Im using CommandCnc ver. 1.2.1
sheetcam ver 6.1.38
Any thoughts what I did wrong.
Thanks Gary
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: need some router help

Post by acourtjester »

I have a DIY table I use with a router and I use a genaric Mach 3 post processor (no pierce or cut height changes). and a tool with surface a Z 0.0 and drop down for each pass to total depth cut. Make a rotary tool for router uses for better control.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Are you using a VFD? Are you using good guidelines for frequency noise? Can you post up your Gcode?
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

BTA Plasma wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 am Are you using a VFD? Are you using good guidelines for frequency noise? Can you post up your Gcode?
Hi Mat
Yes on the VFD, No on good guidelines if your referring to shielded wire, its been ordered. I tried to send a zipped copy of the .tap file but it says "error submitted form invalid".
Just a note; The gcode runs as I described earlier with the VFD turned off. The 1st cut ok and the rest at max motor speed. I didn't have a copy of the router post possessor I'm suppose to use and cant find it in the factory files, if you could tell me the post possessor I should be using.
ggeh

Post by ggeh »

It works now I just didn't have the right post possessor.
Thanks to all for your help on this, Gary

Return to “Star-Lab CNC Forum”