Check Z Axis

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
14u2cnc
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Check Z Axis

Post by 14u2cnc »

Gotta love my LDR table but I knew something had to trigger a problem because I was bragging about how good it is...
Anyone have issues with "check z Axis"
When I hit the button the z axis drives itself into the table and starts banging like crazy.
Just started happening today and I am trying to start by cleaning those switches but nothing yet changes.
Not trying any cutting for fear right now.
Thanks in advance for any input.
LDR 5x10 table
Hypertherm PM 85
Sterling Cool Plasma Juice
dhelfter
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Check Z Axis

Post by dhelfter »

remove the torch slide plate, then click on the diagnostics tab, depress the switch located behind the torch, does anything light up on the top right corner of diagnostics screen?
If so then reinstall the torch slide plate and do the same thing but use your finger to gently push the torch up. If you do not get anything on screen, your switch arm may be bent, and is not being tripped by the block on rear of slide plate. You can bend arm gently, till it gets tripped.

If when tripping by hand with no torch installed you do not get anythng to light up on diagnostics screen, short the two wires going to switch together, if you now get a light, switch is bad, if you still do not you will need to open control box and check the table I/O board.

Dan
LDR
14u2cnc
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Check Z Axis

Post by 14u2cnc »

I cleaned everything including the points of connection. I am going out to the shop to follow your instruction regarding the testing of those switches. Thank you for the input Dan. Awesome table!!
LDR 5x10 table
Hypertherm PM 85
Sterling Cool Plasma Juice

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”