Reducing IHS sequences

Shop Sabre plasma table discussion forum
SuperUPer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Reducing IHS sequences

Post by SuperUPer »

Plasma cutting on the Shopsabre sidekick: I have some small parts that have a lot of tiny holes. There’s over 2000 pierces on a 4x8 sheet. That’s a lot of initial height sensing touch-offs that take extra time and each one pushes the magnetic torch mount up just a bit, to the point where I have to pause the program and push the torch back to the bottom of the mount. Is there a way to reduce the height sensing moves to, say, every 10th pierce? I have used a torchmate table that had an option to do IHS every pierce or “optimal” which is like every 5 pierces. Saves a bunch of time
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Reducing IHS sequences

Post by adbuch »

Maybe you could add a clamp onto the torch mount to keep it from moving while piercing all the tiny holes, and them remove the clamp for the actual cutting. Or devise some sort of bracket that will prevent it from sliding up, but still allow for rotational movement/breakaway in case of a tip-up.
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

do you have a photo of the mount?

as mentioned previously, would it be possible to mount a tab above the magnetic torch holder so it would stop the torch sliding up ?

it may be possible to spot weld the tab, or if you made a square bracket maybe glue it.... or have one 3d printed (every time I 3d print something I am surprised by its strength [a lot of variables, infill %, wall thickness, nozzle size, material etc etc])

or as mentioned above... get a g-clamp and just clamp the two sliding parts together
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Question is you magnetic mount a commercial unit or one you made. If it is a DIY you may look at some of the ones posted here to see where you can improve yours. Maybe just the size of the magnetics will help.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
daddog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by daddog »

I dont remember how off hand, but you can change that in your post processor. Change the distance the torch travels across the sheet between touchoffs.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This post may give you info to help
viewtopic.php?t=26658
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SuperUPer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SuperUPer »

daddog wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:50 am I dont remember how off hand, but you can change that in your post processor. Change the distance the torch travels across the sheet between touchoffs.
Nailed it. It’s called touch distance, got the code from Shopsabre to add to the touch.mac file. This allows you to enter in a radius. After the first touch off as long as it is cutting within that radius it will not touch again
impsux
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by impsux »

Can you post the code?

Return to “Shop Sabre Forum”